Looking to fix up the old girl

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
mungyz

Post by mungyz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:06 pm

just sticking me little beak in here sounds like your vent line from the fuel tank is blocked or there is crap in the tank blocking the fuel outlet from time to time had the same problem with my luvly old Ford ute (sorry for the bad language) sugest remove fuel tank put about 5L of fuel in it slosh it all around then ditch it (in a pc evioromentally correct way) then have a look and see what shes like inside if its rusty you may have to sort out a replacement or a repair, change your fuel line for sure & while your at it check if theres a filter near the fuel tank you havent checked - the gauze on the pump pickup might be chocka with rubish.

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:18 pm

geordieggg wrote:Actually, just a thought - when was the last time that carb had a rebuild kit put through it? It may be a combination of things to with fuel supply - dirt in the tank etc - which would cause the needle & seat to block up in the carb (they usually stick closed and don't allow fuel into the bowl), jets to block and so on. Worth a thought if there's no fuel getting into the carb...........
Well, it was one of the first things that was done to it when I first got it by a propper mechanic... It was a bit shoddy when I first got it (in terms of it sounded all over the place) when the carb was re-built it was and still is running smooth as a bell...
mungyz wrote:just sticking me little beak in here sounds like your vent line from the fuel tank is blocked or there is crap in the tank blocking the fuel outlet from time to time had the same problem with my luvly old Ford ute (sorry for the bad language) sugest remove fuel tank put about 5L of fuel in it slosh it all around then ditch it (in a pc evioromentally correct way) then have a look and see what shes like inside if its rusty you may have to sort out a replacement or a repair, change your fuel line for sure & while your at it check if theres a filter near the fuel tank you havent checked - the gauze on the pump pickup might be chocka with rubish.
It's definately on the "To Do" list. (it's a little bit hard when there's $120 odd worth of petrol in there...

I'm probably going to put it onto Tripple Carbs at some point... I have 6 fully reconditioned injectors for L28 EFI at a value of around $150 each which i'm considering selling to get some funds...

Oh Well, she's gotta get a warrant first :P
I Currently Don't own a Zed