Hi guys

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Brock365

Hi guys

Post by Brock365 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:28 pm

I have about 2K dollars free cash right now. I want opinions. My body ok but not perfect. Small dent in drivers door. Been told $1200 to fix that and every stone chip in body. Thats local to my place. Minor stone chips but I see them. OR should I spen that on engine now? What could I do for about $2K mechanically to L28 engine? Body or engine first? opinions?
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

Brock365

Post by Brock365 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:35 pm

http://www.zclub.org.nz/album_showpage. ... &pic_id=28
I want to know opions body or mechanics?
Owner of a Nissan 280ZX, a Toyota WiLL VS (yes its spelt with capital Ls) for the missus and a 2005 Nissan Skyline 3.5 litre manual sedan

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue May 09, 2006 8:01 pm

Pretty much a personal preference, my preference is to spend the money on mechanicals first, appearance can come later, its one thing to take the car off the road for a few days to do the engine or box but it can render the car unusable for a considerable length of time if you decide to do a major on the body. If its a everyday driver the dent free body can be damaged extremely fast in some cities. Think about some paintless dent removals to save major work.

ForemanNZ

Post by ForemanNZ » Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 am

I'm inclined to agree with the above except in the instance where the dents/stone chips/scratches expose bare metal, in which case I would get the bare metal covered up then on to the mechanicals of the car :)
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Sat May 13, 2006 11:29 am

If all you've got is chips in the paint, and the car is a daily driver, just use some nail polish of a similar colour to cover it up :)

as has been said, chips and scratches are inevitable for a daily driver, and for some reason even if you take the best of care... a new paint job will allways get damaged on the first drive :)
I Currently Don't own a Zed

Brock365

Post by Brock365 » Sat May 13, 2006 5:55 pm

The body work is pretty good. I can see the chips straight away, but they have to be pointed out to others. I may go with mechanicals then. But I am definetly NOT a mechanic, what can be done?