Is Nissan going to produce a 450z with all-wheel drive?

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
nzeder
Site Admin

Is Nissan going to produce a 450z with all-wheel drive?

Post by nzeder » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:39 pm

Well I was forwarded this link so thought I would post here to see what you all thought

Nissan 450z all wheel drive + 430hp? and another link Nissans plans for a new Porsche
76 RS30 260z
70 Mini Cooper S (replica)
Previous
73 RS30 260z track
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
71 HS30 240z 3.2 road/track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe
71 510 1600 Deluxe

ForemanNZ

Post by ForemanNZ » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:03 pm

It would be a real shame if it does - the Z series has always been the rwd front engined sports car thats just simply a drivers car - sticking 4wd into it would go against everything the Z has ever stood for ...
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA

432 R

Post by 432 R » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:26 pm

ZFetsh wrote:It would be a real shame if it does - the Z series has always been the rwd front engined sports car thats just simply a drivers car - sticking 4wd into it would go against everything the Z has ever stood for ...
Yeah, but that aside it would be a pretty cool piece of kit!!!

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:48 pm

If they can make it happen - why not. Seems to be a crowded portfolio of cars though........

Bring it on
72 240z plus bits

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:11 pm

Hmm maybe Nissan is trying to see how the market will re-act. Future Skyline GTR base also? We all have no doubt seen the GTR concept that Nissan put into the Tokyo Motor Shop recently. This GTR is planned to have the 3.5l V6 that is in the current 350z but with twin turbo. Maybe this might change when production gets the go ahead (based on the 450z?) ie 4.5l V8 twin turbo. Did I hear someone say return of the Japanese super car ;) given that Honda have killed off the NSX could be a chance for Nissan to take the mantel (+ what with Renault's recent win in F1 maybe the Japanese company might get a little slack to build a beast)

bruce

Post by bruce » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:22 am

IMNSHO the one thing Nissan got wrong with its nostalgia special (the 350Z) was the engine. Gone were the rorty straight sixes inherited from the Prince stable that won so many followers in both Z and Skyline guises.

Instead we got a V6 that never really stood out from the pack - and I'll point to the rapid decline in interest in the 300ZX range as evidence - have you seen anyone getting nostalgic about them lately?? so many getting so tatty so quickly is not a good look.

As a few have pointed out, the always-lovely-sounding V8s that have been such a popular Z transplant would be a logical choice. Give me NA power over turbo any day (and I speak as an ex-owner of an M-spec turbo Skyline - apart from the turbo lag, a lovely car). low-down torque makes a car so much more fun to drive. Ok , they can put twin hair-dryers on the top V8 config to REALLY shred the tarmac!

cmon Nissan pleeeez - get it right!!!

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:49 am

One thing I would HATE to see is it being 4WD

That'd just ruin the Z series as far as I am concerned, Also bring back the long bonnet that's what I love about the 240 - 260 - 280z is specificly the long bonnet :)

Go back to your roots nissan... that's all I have to say :)
I Currently Don't own a Zed

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:27 pm

It is a shame that the L6 from Nissan is gone. The R34 Skyline was the last of the RB in-line 6. So that only leave ford with the falcon, BMW, Jeep and a few others ... not a ture sport car amongst them ie two seats only. If fact you might say the sport car market is almost dead. MX5, S2000, 350Z and that is about it in this somewhat affordable class - anything above that is heading to super car market in the 2 seater class which I know I will never be able to afford to be in + would not want to be there either.

We love the our Zeds for what they are, old, problems, history, racing success all these give a car character some might say a Zed is not a real sport car because it is Japanese (as we have seen here over the years with different race class rules etc) however funny how they don't want to put their just as aging british/euro cars against our beloved Zed's.

Whatever Nissan produces you bet it will be market driven (what will sell/move more units) not what we as enthusiasts want to see or purchases. To the new car buyer, the history of a cars line might not even come into the equation.

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:23 pm

so if anyone is keen... one of my ideas is to make a supercar of my own that's affordable and it's going to have a custom built 6litre Straight 12 :D

so yeah... all i need now is someone who knows how to build a car, design a car, and give me money :)

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:16 pm

We could all do with that kind of help :)

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:56 pm

nzeder wrote:We could all do with that kind of help :)
:P my goal is to study automotive or mechanical engineeering and build myself a car :)