Mangamingi Hill Climb

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
Keithf

Mangamingi Hill Climb

Post by Keithf » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I just posted a video of this hill climb to youtube...thought you might be interested. I was 6th overall (out of 40 I think)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJJGr0KHRsH

Keith

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:31 pm

This from youtube "The url contained a malformed video id."

could you repost?

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:55 am

hmm...don't know why that happenned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJJGr0KHRs

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 am

Hey thanks - that was great. The 350z sounds great and the different camera angles work well to give a feel for the action.

Have you got any more details on the car - perhaps some exterior shots? Looks like a lot of fun.

cheers

Glenn
72 240z plus bits

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 am

Good stuff, nice edit job, how many runs did you use for the video?

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:41 am

two runs...4 cams each run (I have permanent power for the pencil cams which I run into miniDV camcorders) The first run was a couple of seconds slower than the second but with so much to choose from editing isn't a big problem. What I really want is some ceiling mounted DVR devices linked to a datalogger and GPS so I can overlay tach and speed. There are quite a few on the market (eg. www.chasecam.com) but I have purchased these things in the past and they don't always do what you want so if anyone has seen one in action I would be interested.

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Glenn,

its a Fairlady Z (complete with the Japanese 180km speed limit) which I swapped on TradeMe for my Holden Monaro CV6. I always got it with racing in mind so I got a roll cage and race seats installed. Then I upgraded the suspension to Cusco Zero 2 (http://www.nengun.com/cusco/zero-2-suspension). Then I upgraded the rear rotors and all the brake pads, put on wider rims and tyres. This was significantly better than when I first started but the problem was I was being blown away on the straights. I had really good speed thru the corners but that lack of power was punishing on the straights. So I have installed a Power Enterprise twin turbo kit (http://www.nengun.com/power-enterprise/ ... -turbo-kit) and Nismo race clutch. I am now waiting for a HKS ECU upgrade which should complete my insane spending spree for now. I am only running 5 pound boost but the improvement is huge...no more V8s powering past me on the straights :) When I first started I would be 20-25th in the field of a hill climb or bent sprint. After the turbos the last 2 events I was 6th and 8th so now I have to work on the wetware!

I recently started making it look more like a race car with some decals and I got a stripe the same colour as the rims across the bonnet and roof.

I'll post a photo soon.

Keith

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:23 am

Keith,

Thanks for that - sounds like a real weapon and a huge amount of fun. Very keen to see pictures and great to see a Z being developed for competition. I have a GTR as well so can identify with the concept of a boosted six. The power to weight ratio of your Z must be looking pretty good by now.

Will hopefully see it in the flesh sometime. Any plans for Targa??

Cheers

Glenn
72 240z plus bits

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Hey Keith, great video, was a bit broken when I watched yesterday, but looking very good and lots of fun!! :twisted: Now stop teasing us, we need picys of your 350z my friend. :P :P :lol: :lol: 8)

Hopefully we'll see you at the Nissan Sport Meet on the 23rd up here. Oh the peer pressure. :wink: :wink: We want to blow the socks of those Americans and the rest of the world with what little old NZ is doing with our modded cars and just by sheer numbers. :D :D

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:43 pm

The Car will be going to AK via transporter next week and will be at Dodsons getting the HKS. Hopefully it will be ready by the 23rd and I can make it. Worst case, someone up there can collect it from Dodsons and take it around.

Keithf

Post by Keithf » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:35 pm

here are a couple of pics from manfield
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.