Certification of T3 brake kit?

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
SR240Z

Certification of T3 brake kit?

Post by SR240Z » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi team, I have a question I thought I would throw out there

I bought some new 15x8 Wats for my road car and overlooked the fact my Hilux calipers may not fit.. so now I am going down the road of finding an alternate 4 pot set up. Time for me is an issue so that rules out making up something to work, I know it will be cheaper I just simply don't have the time or headspace.

So when I came across the T3 kit it looked like a good option and guaranteed to work with my wheels - Cert is obviously needed but I am interested in understanding if 6061 Alloy caliper mounts would be certifiable? They are single piece construction and 14mm thick, the LVVTA manual does not seem to make any ref to materials that I can find?

Also T3 rely on using a rotor hat/bell spacer (unthreaded) to achieve offset - again 6061 alloy but certifiable?

Here is this kit:
https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z ... -brake-kit

Here the Wats 😍
http://imgur.com/a/ZuL64UZ

If anyone has a reputable certifier in Auckland they could recommend that would be appreciated!

Cheers

Adam
Last edited by SR240Z on Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:03 pm

I don't know if this will help but I have some of their parts on my car. The lower front suspensions arms. They are alloy arms with camber adjustments. I certified them 15 years ago so not sure if this is helpful. The certifier was happy with the arms but Wellington pinged it. i had made enquires, aluminum was aircraft-grade and when I downloaded where these products were used in the states ( I included pics of the arms in race cars and details of the cars and races) they seemed happy enough. I also put brake kits that I bought of eBay back and front and no mention was made they seemed completely happy. This included an alloy bracket to hold the rear disc in place. The calipers were of existing cars so that probably helped.

I would work out who you want to use as a certifier and talk it through with them before you buy anything.
Bernie Kant
Club President

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:03 pm

For the record, appears it can be certified. Currently on route to NZ so will advise once here.

Karljsw

Post by Karljsw » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:47 pm

I will be interested in the outcome of this as the Micro brake kit with the handbrake function may solve some of my headaches too

ZBeck
Z Club Member

Post by ZBeck » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:50 pm

The wheel/trye combo looks great. Are the tryes Toyo R888’s ?
Cheers

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:36 pm

Those are Yokos, AD032's from memory, just something I had lying around that will work for the time being