GRS30-000883

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
HasMilk

GRS30-000883

Post by HasMilk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:40 pm

The best birthday present a guy could buy himself, at least that's how it started...
Maybe one day I'll own a 240z, until then I've picked up a '74 260z 2+2 :D

It was actually by chance I saw the car listed on Facebook, not on TradeMe, so I decided to see how bad it was. Long story short it didn't look too bad and I deposited the funds on my birthday night. I wasn't looking for another project car but the opportunity presented itself.

The car came complete with an L28 carb (F54/P90) presumed running, manual swap, spare fenders and hood (all rough). There is rust but nothing that scared us away, main problem areas: dog legs, rear panel above lights, tailgate, front end misc supports/brackets.

I'm planning to get the car back on the road without tinkering too much (easy said) as the rego has lapsed and it will need to be re-registered.

The car has already been at the shop getting some repairs and we're hoping to have the engine bay prepped & painted soon. Once this is done work will be put on hold until I have the time, space and/or funds to throw more at it! I'm keen to do as much as I can myself, but rust & body work I simply can't do.

If I make it to Z club track day 2020 - let's call that optimistic. 2025..? :lol:

I will be on the lookout for: front chrome bumper, hatch, manual parts and odds & sods along the way.

In a long distance relationship with my 260z

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:11 am

Don't undermine the 2+2. I love mine. There is talk that they handle a little better with the longer wheelbase. One of the good things with a 2+2 is that now that the cars are becoming collectable you can play around with it without stuffing up an original 2 seat car.
I have with mine. Done a lot of aftermarket work, which goes a long way to enhancing the driving experience, and I just love it.
I have a 1977 Fairlady or 260Z 2+2.
All the best with the renovation. Update the forum on your build, everybody finds that interesting.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Grunzter

Post by Grunzter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm

S30 2+2's can look absolutely awesome... good set of feet, air dam, and if you like them flares and near perfection.
1981 280ZX #33 IMSA GTU Race Car
2012 Fairlady Z34 ST (For the son/wife...)
2007 Fairlady Z33 NISMO
(Sold) 1984 300ZX Z31 2+2 Turbo
(Sold) 1980 Datsun 280ZX 2+2

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 pm

They are a fine wine that is aging well! Enjoy.
72 240z plus bits