Z31 Plug in ECU

300ZX
prezbox

Z31 Plug in ECU

Post by prezbox » Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 pm

ANyone know of any plug in ECUs? cheers

djz

Post by djz » Wed May 30, 2018 5:47 am

After market? The closest thing would be an RB30 one.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

prezbox

Post by prezbox » Wed May 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Sorry I could of been more clear, I currently have Nistune and took it to NZEFI for a tune. After speaking with them they suggested I install an aftermarket ECU, one of the Link ones, but then they told me that they couldn't get one that would simply plug straight in.

Whether a Link is even better I'm not convinced but does anyone know of plug in aftermarket ECU?

DJZ do you mean a RB30 ECU or an after market one that fits a RB30?

djz

Post by djz » Thu May 31, 2018 5:53 am

Link do a plug in RB30 ECU, that would be the closest to a VG one. NZEFI would know that though. I think the plugs are the same as the VG ones,

http://www.nzefi.com/product/link-g4-pl ... 0e-rb30et/

prezbox

Post by prezbox » Thu May 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks, that's the one that apparently doesn't fit. Ill call Link tomorrow and see if they have any advise. Cheers

85_z31

Post by 85_z31 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Have you looked into Rapid Performance in Timaru for tuning you nistune ?

Its a bit frustrating from nzefi to not want to tune nistune, they sold and offered nistune for a very long time.

nistune is very capable , its just missing some features from newer ecu's
1985 Z31 Slicktop Turbo

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:33 pm

I would be talking to Neville stowell at Linktec in Timaru. He's been working with links since they came out. Great price and very knowledgable and if you can supply the software he will probably be able to tune your nistune. I wouldn't take a car anywhere else to get tuned haha and he will let you walk through his workshop and see his ashburton street race gtrs haha.

He tuned my wrx with a link for 450 and that was 4 hours of tuning. Think it's 250 to put on dyno and 50 an hour to tune.

027 439 8129 Neville

prezbox

Post by prezbox » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

I have heard of Rapid Performance but NZEFI is alot closer, I didnt know they" they sold and offered nistune for a very long time.", they should support a product they sold.

" if you can supply the software he will probably be able to tune your nistune." This is interesting he doesnt have his own Nistune software?

Thasnk

85_z31

Post by 85_z31 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm

prezbox wrote:I have heard of Rapid Performance but NZEFI is alot closer, I didnt know they" they sold and offered nistune for a very long time.", they should support a product they sold.

" if you can supply the software he will probably be able to tune your nistune." This is interesting he doesnt have his own Nistune software?

Thasnk

With Nistune the software is freely available from the website. The Software Licence is key is linked to the ECU part number. Any Nistune dealer can tune any Nistune ecu but a Private Nistune owner ( such as myself ) can only tune an ecu if they purchased a software licence key.

I actually purchased my Nistune ecu & Software licence from NZEFI in CHCH in around 2010.

I Can only speculate that possibly they are no longer a Nistune dealer, if this were the case he would need your licence key to tune your ecu, otherwise his hands would be tied.

Might be worth contacting Nistune with your ecu part number to see if licence key was issued, and who it was issued too.

Nistune is just a Dumb circuit board unless you have the licence key to tune it.
1985 Z31 Slicktop Turbo

prezbox

Post by prezbox » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

OK cool, I think NZEFI can still tune Nistune. They were more saying they didnt like to because it was an inferior product, probably they also like selling new ecus.

My car was on their dyno the other day and they started tuning but my boost kept creeping and the clutch started slipping at about 290 hp. It was creeping to about 20psi.

I just got a lighter spring for actuator going from a 7-9psi to a 4-5psi but ill be surprised it it fixes it...... Best case scenario it creeps to an almost acceptable 16psi or something.

djz

Post by djz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:18 pm

prezbox wrote:OK cool, I think NZEFI can still tune Nistune. They were more saying they didnt like to because it was an inferior product, probably they also like selling new ecus.

My car was on their dyno the other day and they started tuning but my boost kept creeping and the clutch started slipping at about 290 hp. It was creeping to about 20psi.

I just got a lighter spring for actuator going from a 7-9psi to a 4-5psi but ill be surprised it it fixes it...... Best case scenario it creeps to an almost acceptable 16psi or something.

Are you running an internal wastegate still?

prezbox

Post by prezbox » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 am

I am still running internal waste gate , I recently bought a new turbo so I'll try get it going with what I've got before going external.