300zx racecar

Restores, Revamps and Repairs
martysauce

Post by martysauce » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:46 pm

They're reasonably cheap on Yahoo without the throttle bodies, that's why I asked. I've seen people fit them to VQs but they're more closely related.

Do you recon there would be much involved in machining an adapter for a vg

djz

Post by djz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Hmm well I don't have the measurements of anything to double check but they look reasonably close.

Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:29 am

yeah a couple actually line up would also need to make sure it clears the high points on the rocker covers

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:27 pm

we stripped out the rest pf the car ready for the roll cage. iv decided to delete abs because it would mean one less thing to wire up (wiring definitely isnt my stron point) .i am going to make a lexan rear window because we removed the gas struts and the rear hatch must weigh 40kg it was insane

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:32 pm

also atempted a carbon fiber t top but i am not at all happy how it turned out iv made a few flat panels that turnd out great but the curve of the t top was a pain. ya know what they say tho... do it right do it twice? or somthing like that

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Image[/img]

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm

had some flat panel carbon left from something i made ages ago so i whiped up a aerial delete. needs counter sunk screws and maybe paint because an aerial delete should never be a feature

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Image[/img]

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 am

Looks like things are progressing nicely. Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of club. Keen them coming I look forward to seeing your updates.
Bernie Kant
Club President

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

bernjean wrote:Looks like things are progressing nicely. Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of club. Keen them coming I look forward to seeing your updates.
Cheers mate putting updates up gives me more motivation to actually get in the garage and do work :D

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 am

Yep being doing the same for a little project I am working on. Gets a bit cold in the Garage at night. fortunitly for the best part my garage is insulated.
Bernie Kant
Club President

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Hey guys im going to remove the rest of the sound deadening this weekend does anybody know if 1990s sound deadening contains asbestos. I know some old car stuff did, brake pads and things but just wondering if i should buy a resporator

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Not that i know of panelbeated for 35 years never worried or heard about asbestos in the sound insulation always removed it for welding and glued new sheets in place once done
Bernie Kant
Club President

martysauce

Post by martysauce » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks. Being a builder i come across the stuff every now and then and hate the stuff so the less i have to deal with the better just thought id make sure before tearing into it

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm

martysauce wrote:Hey guys im going to remove the rest of the sound deadening this weekend does anybody know if 1990s sound deadening contains asbestos. I know some old car stuff did, brake pads and things but just wondering if i should buy a resporator

My thoughts are always use a dust mask if the item you're cutting, disturbing, removing creates dust. It may not be listed hazardous now but may be blamed in the future. As a builder you would know of the hazards of rimu, tanalised timber, mdf, cement, fibreglass, et al dust. The lungs are designed for air, they only issue two per person so treat them well.