CV Boots

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
Old_timer

CV Boots

Post by Old_timer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Good afternoon all, I took the ZX in for a warrant last week and when they put it up on the lift they discovered that one of the CV boots on the rear axle had split. Is there a local source for these, or generic alternatives, or will I have to resort to eBay? Any help,or direction would be greatly appreciated. Car is an 82 280zx turbo.

On the plus side, if there is one, it all looked pretty fresh as the grease on the chassis and exhaust all looked like it had just been put there.

Thanks.

djz

Post by djz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Inside or outside CV?
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

Old_timer

Post by Old_timer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Inside.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Old_timer wrote:Good afternoon all, I took the ZX in for a warrant last week and when they put it up on the lift they discovered that one of the CV boots on the rear axle had split. Is there a local source for these, or generic alternatives, or will I have to resort to eBay? Any help,or direction would be greatly appreciated. Car is an 82 280zx turbo.

On the plus side, if there is one, it all looked pretty fresh as the grease on the chassis and exhaust all looked like it had just been put there.

Thanks.
Will be interested in any replies, I have found that the generic cv boots are too thin and contain too many "folds" and consequently wear out early just from friction. The Nissan ones if available are quite expensive but last real well, so getting exact replicas is important.

Old_timer

Post by Old_timer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Bump.
Well not much luck with this. Have hunted high and low for some replacements but can't find anything that looks like it should fit. Certainly haven't found anything that looks like a direct replacement. Looks like it's off to Nissan for the real thing unless anyone can offer an alternative.