Club Flyer

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
240znz

Club Flyer

Post by 240znz » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:11 pm

I see a few zeds driving about Christchurch on occasion and some more than others. Is it possible for someone to design a business card sized flyer that we could slip under wiper blades that introduce the club. Maybe logo, web address etc.

I am not so savvy with Photoshop so I can't help. Maybe get the design done then saved as a PDF. That way members all over the country could download the page, print and go.

What do you think? It could get the interest levels up and lets face it, where does anyone get local info on these cars....yep.....nowhere. Let's change that shall we.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:56 pm

I just whipped something up real quick

Might spark some ideas, I'm certainly no graphic designer.

edit: any ideas apreicated.
Attachments
z_club_website_logo_0.1.1.png
z_club_website_logo_0.1.1.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
I Currently Don't own a Zed

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:03 pm

The club used to/does have a card like that - for before the Internet days. The committee are talking about updating these. The original ones were a simple introduction to the club in a postcard format so all the potential club member had to do was complete some details, attach a stamp and post way for a member info pack and application form. This is an excellent method of introducing new members to the club and I assure you the club will be reproducing these again.

So James how is the CHCH events planning going :) and have you joined up yet? Would be really good to have a S.I co-originator for all the potential S.I members :)

240znz

Post by 240znz » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:03 pm

Keep trying Mike, keep trying. I might one day just suprise you and myself and do something.

At this stage I am more than happy to place a few cards about on zeds of all kinds to promote the club. It would be great to have the forum populated with questions some of us can give help on.

Datsun Owners Club of New Zealand has done an amazing job for orgainising the Southern Festival of Speed display. There were some 34 cars in total I think. 4 zeds: 1 xZG, 2 x 240z, 1 x 260 2+2. Next year there is bound to be more. I hope to get mine there in time and will be doing everything I can to make it so. The more zeds there the better, either with ZCNZ or DOCNZ, it doesn't matter.

But I see no reason why we couldn't try something along those lines at Ruapuna or other events around the country.

Now back to the card idea. Yep looks good Loose_unit. How about wording something that lets them know that it is an open forum to share ideas and support. I was thinking it was more of promoting the website than anything else.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:12 am

Yes any form of promotion is going to be a good thing + the more on this website the better = more knowledge sharing etc. 240znz you are correct that in the past the Datsun Z Club has been mainly an Auckland based club and in the short term I don't think this is going to change given most members are in Auckland and almost all of the committee is Auckland based also. I would love to see the club grow to be a national and don't forget you don't have to own a zed to join just an interest in zeds goes a long way :)

So in the mean time I see this forum/website as a means to show what the club does/is upto and a good NZ based public forum to discuss the cars and this type of thing - anything to see more of these on the roads once again is a good thing :)

240znz

Post by 240znz » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:56 am

Can I suggest that the club may want to ensure that people seeing the flyer would not think that it is just the S30 shape that it wants to attract. Z club means all zeds S30, ZX, Z31, Z32 and Z33.

Just a suggestion.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:34 am

240znz wrote:Can I suggest that the club may want to ensure that people seeing the flyer would not think that it is just the S30 shape that it wants to attract. Z club means all zeds S30, ZX, Z31, Z32 and Z33.

Just a suggestion.
You have on the same wavelegth as the committee. There are those that like only the S30 but all the others are still connected to the original idea - they should have kept the in-line 6 going longer and made more RB powered Zeds other than the rare JDM Z31 with the RB (but that is just my opinion). To that end one of the members of this forum has worked on a few graphics taking the original line art of the S30 and appling this same stype to the Z33 (350z).....watch this space ;)