Best Model Z car. All biases welcome

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
240znz

Post by 240znz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:48 am

I saw a few pics of his cars on CZCC last night and downloaded them. I PM'd him asking what colour it is but he can't remember and has lost the colour chart. Pity. But it looks very close to the HSV red that I'm umming and arrring over myself.

Love the flares and wheels but I can't see myself doing that to mine.

AU$8000! What a bargain. Pity we all don't live over there. Going by the TradeMe prices here, it would have gone for 12K plus.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread....back to it then.
Zed NOT Zee

12/70 HS30-00352
1973 240Z rust car

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:10 am

that's what this thread is about :)

I am in love with inline 6 engines! In-Fact for an engineering project when I finally get off my ass and go get that degree, I'm going to build a Straight 12 engine and build a 2 seater car with the engine up front....... Can you imagine that? :O
I Currently Don't own a Zed

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:42 am

Damn thats a real nice car I WANT ONE! Infact whos got one they wana sell? I dont care how stuffed it is I can fix any thing
(reffering to the 240z obviously)

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue May 09, 2006 8:11 pm

The 240 will yield a better return on money invested, not that you would ever make money doing one up? I think the 240 is the most collectable, its also a major milestone/breakthrough for the Japanese car industry. All that aside the 240 just looks right, what a beautiful car, they still look as good as they did when I lusted after them showroom new when I was still in school uniform.

ForemanNZ

Post by ForemanNZ » Sat May 13, 2006 10:36 am

I think a 240Z with an RB25DET on mild boost would be great! The 240Z is light enough that you don't need any crazy power, so you can get a smaller turbo and have better throttle responce. The downfall of the RB25DET is the turbo compressor is glued (yes glued!) to the shaft, but I have heard the turbo from the VG30DET is a nice upgrade and is very solid.
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Sat May 13, 2006 11:23 am

imagine a 240z with 800bhp... :O
I Currently Don't own a Zed

ForemanNZ

Post by ForemanNZ » Sat May 13, 2006 4:33 pm

I put an RB26DETT in a 240Z in an X-Box game called Forza Motorsport - the car had trouble staying in a straight line because you got uncontrollable wheelspin in almost every gear - no doubt this would be slightly different in real life, but it does make you think if too much power has any benefits in a light car ...
AKA ZFETSH
Now armed with a Z32 2+0 NA