Hi from new member

New to the site? Say hello here!
Symon

Hi from new member

Post by Symon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi all,

A few months ago I purchased a '76 260z 2+2. Strongly prefer a 2 seated but with 4 kids I needed the extra seats.

It's my 2nd 260z, my first I bought about 20 years ago and restored, whilst owning that I bought another one for parts which I used to finish mine off. I sold them both after a few years, had plenty of 510's, then went overseas.

The one I have now has been off the road for at least 15 years. The body has been tidied up, it;ll never be a show car but it's fairly tidy, mechanically it's pretty good, just has a whole lot of sorting due to being off the road for so long.

The previous owner (a panel beater) put an L28E in it.

Lots of things were wrong with it but i'm making my way through them.

I'm after lowered springs and shocks suitable for street, happy to buy new if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd really appreciate it. Also if there are any sympathetic LVV certifiers out there to get the L28E certified (it was a 2L fairlady), as well as a good place to get it VIN'd.

Cheers,

Symon

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Hey Symon,

Welcome back to the land of Z! Keen to check out the new wheels sometime. Look forward to some pics!

Cheers Glenn
72 240z plus bits

Symon

Post by Symon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanks mate - yes i'm itching to get it on the road, I had the fuel tank out on the weekend as it leaked when I filled it up, two of the breather hoses were disintegrated. Finding lots of things like that, but getting through them all.

A member PM'd me and looks like i've got the shocks sorted. Should be taking it for a VIN in the next couple of weeks.

You must have had your z for 20 years now?

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:03 pm

nearly - bought 1996........it's just clicked over 100000 miles - still going ok but getting cranky!
Attachments
Last Sunday......but running on 5 cylinders cause she didn't like going out in the rain!
Last Sunday......but running on 5 cylinders cause she didn't like going out in the rain!
image.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2567 times
72 240z plus bits

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Welcome back to Zedding Symon. Come along to a meet when you have a chance, whether the Zed is going or not, always good to pick everyone's brains for information. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Symon

Post by Symon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Sounds good thanks. Wow Glen, it's still looking very tidy. What size tyres do you have on it?