Finally a Z owner

New to the site? Say hello here!
mongrel

Finally a Z owner

Post by mongrel » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:33 am

Hi all,

After years of wanting a Z but not being able to justify a non practical 2 seater, I gave in a found myself a 2003 350Z Tourer. Bog standard NZ new and I absolutely love it.

Had never seen any in Gisborne, but the day I bought mine home from Napier I saw 2 before I could park up at home.

Have had a quick look through the forum and looks to be a good source of info.

Cheers

Todd

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Welcome to the forum Todd. Nice find on the NZ new. Is the mileage low?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

mongrel

Post by mongrel » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 pm

was at 105k when I picked it up. One owner and I am pretty happy as it seems to have been well looked after. Only thing really showing any wear / use is the leather seats that have a couple of niks and some wear on the top of the steering wheel.

Other than a couple of rattles under that dash that should be fairly easy to fix I am super stoked with the purchase. Should have done this years ago as it is so much fun to drive :)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:25 pm

mongrel wrote:was at 105k when I picked it up. One owner and I am pretty happy as it seems to have been well looked after. Only thing really showing any wear / use is the leather seats that have a couple of niks and some wear on the top of the steering wheel.

Other than a couple of rattles under that dash that should be fairly easy to fix I am super stoked with the purchase. Should have done this years ago as it is so much fun to drive :)
If the leather is looking a bit tired, which a lot do, as most people don't bother conditioning the leather if you start and keep using a good leather cleaner and then a good quality leather conditioner it will help a lot. The leather clean and the conditioner I've always used is this:
http://www.turbowax.com/home.php?cat=23

The Meguiars conditioner is okay too, just don't use the leather wipes, they're an utter waste of time and don't do anything worthwhile.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

mongrel

Post by mongrel » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Cool, thanks heaps :) Will head out tomorrow and buy some love for the new toy :)