Wee problem

New to the site? Say hello here!
jackos4

Wee problem

Post by jackos4 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Drivers side window has a intermittant fault wont go up or down. I'm wishing to take door panel off but don't know where to start. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Grant

Pest

Post by Pest » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Model/year?

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:12 pm

jackos4 wrote:Drivers side window has a intermittant fault wont go up or down. I'm wishing to take door panel off but don't know where to start. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Grant
What model and year?
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.

jackos4

Post by jackos4 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Sorry bit new at this. It's a 2007 Fairlady 350 Z

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:08 pm

ok this guide is for a speaker install but it shows how to removal the door panel. i have done it myself and its really quite simple.

http://my350z.com/forum/audio-video-and ... stall.html

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Welcome to the forum. Has been discussed before in the Z33 tech area on our forum. :)

http://zclub.nz/viewforum.php?f=32
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Had the very same problem with our car. The link shows you how to get the door trim of. If you remove the motor of the regulator you can pull it apart and clean up the brass contacts blow all the dust out and re-use it and it will work again. My experience is that this only fixes it for a year and then it does the same again. My recommendation is what I did in the end, get on ebay buy a new OEM motor about $300.00. NZ new from Nissan is $675.00 last time I priced it. Change the motor problem gone. Lots of info on how to change it over on the net. If you can afford it buy both sides.
Bernie Kant
Club President