Upper console

350Z
350ZST

Upper console

Post by 350ZST » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Will the upper part of the centre console (head unit to gauges) from a NZ new fit my Fairlady ?
I'm looking to remove the navigation screen and controls and replace it with the cubby box with lid as in an NZ new model.
My local Nissan dealer are not sure and are doing some investigation for me.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:19 pm

It should do. As long as it's the same year, as they essentially only badged different 350z or Fairlady. Will be interested if Nissan say this is not the case.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

350ZST

Post by 350ZST » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:50 pm

My local Nissan dealer came back to me later this afternoon and said what I needed to order was from the basic model without navigation and the cost would be $816.
He wasn't sure whether any brackets would be required.

Logan

Post by Logan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Mine is a Jap import with the cubby box (03 model). I just removed this panel tonight to play around with the back of the stereo, there are 2 screws that fasten the entire panel to the rest of the dash located inside this cubby area so there may be some bracketry missing for this assuming the navigation screen doesn't bolt in the same way.

chrismx5

Post by chrismx5 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Eek!

Flick me a PM

I have found some cheapos on Yahoo recently.
350z
Miata
E30
Primera
Silvia
A6..
I change my cars more than I change my clothes.

nzboy

Post by nzboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

same here i want that middle console part. Mine didnt come with anything there except a cigarette lighter lol. Now its like an empty space with a glory hole.