Howdy, Enthusiastic Newbie logging on!

New to the site? Say hello here!
Zeubin

Howdy, Enthusiastic Newbie logging on!

Post by Zeubin » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I have spent my first year out of uni working and saving like a demon for my dream car and now have the funds :)

I don't have a Z car yet but am looking for a 240z preferably between 18 and 23K.

I understand for that I can get something reasonably nice but not perfect which is ideal for me.

Just the frequency of availability holding me back which is a testament to how loved these cars are!

Looking for either an honest car to spruce up with minimal rust or a turn key tidy type.

I couldn't make it to the Concours today but my dad went up and had a chat with someone there about this site.

I have been looking into importing a California 240z but would much prefer RHD and the ability to look at the car before dedicating my savings. Anyone know the trials and hoops to jump through for import and LTSA etc. and is it worthwhile?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting you all in the future.

-Reubin
Attachments
This right here is what gets me out of bed in the morning :)
This right here is what gets me out of bed in the morning :)
1971_Datsun_240-Z_coupe_-_green_-_fvl.jpg (638.27 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

asyado

Post by asyado » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi there,

welcome to the Z forum. For the money you have in mind, you should pick up a Z in pretty good nick, with little to fault on it, ie rust, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hope you find one to your liking, as mine puts a smile on my dial every single day of the year, even if its in need of maintenance, lol.

If looking at importing, myself personally, I would get something out of Japan, they are still reasonably priced, just got to know or have someone there who speaks the lingo or use a middle man, importer for handling the transporting.

Catcha,
Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Reubin. I had a good chat to your dad today about your quest for a Z. Good luck and you're very welcome to come along to our events in the interim. It's a great way to get the lowdown on what to look for in a Z. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Greensheep
Z Club Member

Post by Greensheep » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Welcome to the site
We are a pretty keen bunch and keep a look out
The "Trademe finds" forum is a good one to watch
If you haven't already, become a financial zclub member
The right car is out there :D
It's always a good day when you drive a Z