Looking at getting this 350z

350Z
SamNZL

Looking at getting this 350z

Post by SamNZL » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Hey guys how's it going.. Thought off getting this 350z next saturday and wanting to know your thoughts.
Trademe number ---> 808542398
Will be doing mods aswell and wounding the best place for 350z parts etc..

Thanks Alot sam

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Looks like it's ok in the pics, but pics aren't too much to go by. Leather seats need a good feed, that leather looks dry. Not many people bother to nourish the leather. As usual no pics of the engine. She's called Pikes Peak White. It wasn't an option we were given new in NZ.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

SamNZL

Post by SamNZL » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:03 pm

BRONZEE wrote:Looks like it's ok in the pics, but pics aren't too much to go by. Leather seats need a good feed, that leather looks dry. Not many people bother to nourish the leather. As usual no pics of the engine. She's called Pikes Peak White. It wasn't an option we were given new in NZ.
Yeah leather does look dry but hopefully there some good stuff out there to give it a shine and yeah ts just being lazy not to nourish it.. And there are pictures of the engine... but overall what do you think of car got them down to 14.5k

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:48 pm

SamNZL wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:Looks like it's ok in the pics, but pics aren't too much to go by. Leather seats need a good feed, that leather looks dry. Not many people bother to nourish the leather. As usual no pics of the engine. She's called Pikes Peak White. It wasn't an option we were given new in NZ.
Yeah leather does look dry but hopefully there some good stuff out there to give it a shine and yeah ts just being lazy not to nourish it.. And there are pictures of the engine... but overall what do you think of car got them down to 14.5k
Looks okay, nothing jumping out as wrong. What size are the tyres? Back and front size vary. Probably on average tyres, a fair number seem to be. :?
Would get it AA checked to be sure, especially if you're not near to where the car is.

Might be the angle the car is parked at, could do with more coolant in the coolant bottle on the left (big white bottle).

Little tip, in my opinion the leather wipes are a waste of time, as the product isn't thick and creamy enough to soak into the leather and actually nourish the leather. Meguiar's do a reasonable leather conditioner. I would personally use a leather cleaner first to really do the leather some good, and then use the leather conditioner. 8)
I use Turbo Wax products, including the LVR for leather and other interior surfaces. Fantastic stuff been using the products for about 9 years. :D

http://www.turbowax.com/product.php?pro ... =23&page=1
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 pm

I would make sure to check the rocker cover gaskets, as they seem to always need replacing when I look at cars :p

In general it doesn't look like its had a genuine enthusiast owner, you can tell by the way the car hasn't been well cleaned. If it was me or any other keen enthusiast I wouldn't be able to stand a dusty / dirty engine bay and would certainly at least tidy up the floor mats and condition the leather. Just the small things.

P.s

Hold out for the perfect car, personal opinion but the 07 HR 350Z is the best one you can get:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 556009.htm

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:05 pm

OMSIN wrote:In general it doesn't look like its had a genuine enthusiast owner, you can tell by the way the car hasn't been well cleaned. If it was me or any other keen enthusiast I wouldn't be able to stand a dusty / dirty engine bay and would certainly at least tidy up the floor mats and condition the leather. Just the small things.
Very much agreed.
Next - Z Club events:

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 pm

SamNZL wrote:Hey guys how's it going.. Thought off getting this 350z next saturday and wanting to know your thoughts.

Thanks Alot sam
With past experience with friends and family buying cars, best bet is to get it checked out by AA as stated by the previous comments above. You really want peace of mind when and IF you do decide to buy this car, I for one would personally do an inspection and decide from there.

But going by the pics from the listing, it doesn't look like it'll break down. I did notice on one of the pictures, it failed the WOF due to the rear tires?

SamNZL

Post by SamNZL » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 pm

OMSIN wrote:I would make sure to check the rocker cover gaskets, as they seem to always need replacing when I look at cars :p

In general it doesn't look like its had a genuine enthusiast owner, you can tell by the way the car hasn't been well cleaned. If it was me or any other keen enthusiast I wouldn't be able to stand a dusty / dirty engine bay and would certainly at least tidy up the floor mats and condition the leather. Just the small things.

P.s

Hold out for the perfect car, personal opinion but the 07 HR 350Z is the best one you can get:
Yeah i saw that monday night.. would of got it but have pretty much done all paper for this car.. And yeah ill be giving a good clean on saturday, cant stand dirty cars specially when its a 350z :P

SamNZL

Post by SamNZL » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 pm

NISMO33 wrote:
SamNZL wrote:Hey guys how's it going.. Thought off getting this 350z next saturday and wanting to know your thoughts.

Thanks Alot sam
With past experience with friends and family buying cars, best bet is to get it checked out by AA as stated by the previous comments above. You really want peace of mind when and IF you do decide to buy this car, I for one would personally do an inspection and decide from there.

But going by the pics from the listing, it doesn't look like it'll break down. I did notice on one of the pictures, it failed the WOF due to the rear tires?
Yeah saw that aswell would of been the older service as it says what serviced at 115km and other service was done at 119km.. according to the guy the rear tyres are almost new and front tyres and good

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:13 am

Hey and welcome to the forum.

I would certainly recommend getting an inspection done as others have stated, not trying to sound like a grinch just speaking from experience. The whole buying your first quality vehicle and a sports one at that is as said a very exciting time and sometimes your 'sensible' reasoning/thought process can become a tad blurred by the urge and excitment of the process.

Unsure if you have been looking at others too, if not it is a great idea to take at least a number of others for test drives so you can at least compare apples with apples to know what you can expect to get for your dollar. Also gives you an indication of how each different vehicles has been cared for as I can assure you it will more than likely be widely varried.

Make sure to do your homework and then again to ensure you are getting what you to avoid dissapointment down the track.

Moral of the story....., Don't jump in headfirst without checking thouroughly what's beneath.

Regards
Deano.
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.

NISMO33

Post by NISMO33 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 pm

I saw this one just listed today, it's in the same city as the one you were originally interested in. It's got warranty and is from a car yard so that's one of the first good signs, not to mention it's low mileage. Track edition + brembo brakes. Still would pay to get it checked out as well.
2002 350Z Track Edition

350ZEB

Post by 350ZEB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:58 am

Best bet is to pay a nissan dealer to take a look at it, pay them an hours labour and a scan tool charge, best money you will spend