Duno tune estimate and Gunmetal Z build

350Z
Gunmetal Z

Duno tune estimate and Gunmetal Z build

Post by Gunmetal Z » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 pm

Hey guys weird post here, but I'm taking the Z in for a tune in 2-4 weeks time depending and was wondering with the mods listed in my signature what do you Guys think it will be pushing? Also any basic mods that would directly affect hp that I'm missing? Btw am looking to get jwt lightweight flywheel and 4.08 gears w nismo lsd so no need to suggest those (: cheers team!
35th Anniversary Grey 350z - Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave exhaust , JWT popcharger, MREV2 plenum , 5/16 plenum spacer , MD ART pipes, UR Crank pulley, CE28 volk racing wheels

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:02 pm

I reckon 280Hp at the wheels. Pretty common mods, on most dyno runs ive seen on the forums its around 270 -280whp. Tune is usually 10hp in itself.

Tomei Headers is another 10Hp, but $900 plus install.

Larger throttle body, Z Tube intake pipe, 272 Cams

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:05 pm

i was thinking about headers but they seem like too much $$ for the gains and also read about losing power at some points in the rpm range with headers? i havent seen any gains with the throttle body or z tube that anyones posted but if you know of any let me know? heard z tubes more for the g35 gang but i wouldnt disagree with the cams just dont know if i can be bothered with that install but 280whp is what i was thinking but wanting more of the 300whp mark..
35th Anniversary Grey 350z - Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave exhaust , JWT popcharger, MREV2 plenum , 5/16 plenum spacer , MD ART pipes, UR Crank pulley, CE28 volk racing wheels

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Yea not much more you can do without completely over hauling the head/crankshaft/displacement etc.

Small gains can be made with a larger throttle body and piping if you go the high revving / upgraded cam route, a few threads floating around on my350z.com

Z tube removes all the groves and unnecessary ports/plugs.

If anything do the cams just for the sound :)

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 pm

As osmin said, somewhere around 270-280hp. Some of the guys with long tube headers have been getting better gains but most of them are quite costly.

To get 300whp cams are going to be a must unless the dyno is generous.

Given the money you've spent buying parts from the US, you would have been well on the way to buying a vortech supercharger.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:15 pm

would like to see your car and mods close up Gunmetal. that trip down the motorway was to long ago and sounds like you have been putting some hours into this build.
Supercharger mentioned... droooool. 10k sitting around and would be on that like a frog on a lilly pad.
Attachments
350z_0708_supercharger_stillen.jpg
350z_0708_supercharger_stillen.jpg (111.38 KiB) Viewed 3186 times

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:56 pm

supercherger was actually one of the next options.. i like the sound of 440hp but its a big investment and after talking to insurance i know itll be costly but we'll see and yeah chris that highway run was before alot of the mods now sounds like we need another canterbury meet!!

chrismx5

Post by chrismx5 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:30 am

Mmmmmm...

I do like that...

That is sex..

I'm shooting for 300whp N.A
350z
Miata
E30
Primera
Silvia
A6..
I change my cars more than I change my clothes.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:01 pm

yer another meet up would be good. been seeing more and more 350s out there lately.

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Hey guys quick update results were 291.8hp and 267.3 lbft torque

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 pm

very nice. where did you get the dyno done.

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:09 am

Dyno was done at nzefi was happy with the results and the team at nzefi just had one hiccup with them quoting me $900 then trying to charge me $1280... But it was dealt with quite easily! :) gains are very good and it pulls pretty hard it's ready for more highway runs and the z cruise coming up!!

350ZEB

Post by 350ZEB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:05 am

Slap a turbo on it :)

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Looking at it there's a new kit on the market with twin borgwarners that I really want I just read your turbo thread looks nice but am concerned with reliability, have you built your motor?

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:37 pm

installed my new headlights last week, had my car on show at Motosoc at UC today and ordered coilovers today! :D been a good week but my wallet hates me...