Committee Member

Galaxy of Cars 2015 & our Z Club Concours d' Elegance

Post by Z Club » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

What: Galaxy of Cars 2015 & our Z Club Concours d' Elegance
When: Sunday 01st February 2015
Time Display cars: 7 - 9.30am gates open to show/display cars
Swap Meet Buyers only: Gates open at 7.30am
Show hours: 10am - 3pm
Where: Western Springs Speedway, Stadium Road,Auckland - NEW VENUE!!!
Cost: Drivers of show cars = free
$12 each = Passengers & everyone else
$5 = per child 5-15yrs
$15 = Swap Meet Sellers
Site Number: 25 - (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - YOU MUST DISPLAY THE SITE NUMBER CARD ON THE WINDSCREEN) 2015 site number 25
Car Number: Z Club committee will give you your car number upon arrival so you can participate in the judging - this is event wide, not just Z Club.
Maps & more details: As below
Things to bring: your lunch and refreshments (usually there are food/refreshment carts on site), very clean & shiny Z, a fold up chair, gold coin donation - profits go to the below event charity.
Event Charity: donating all profit to The Child Mobility Foundation

The Galaxy of cars 2015 is on again & the Z Club will be there, at the new venue - Western Springs Speedway!

We will be hosting a club display, and having our Z Club Concours d' Elegance, so make sure your ride is super clean & extra-extra-shiny!!!

** Gates open 7:00am, all show cars and must be on site by 9.30am!!!!! Gates will be closed 10am to avoid car movement on site (display vehicle arrivals after 9.30am will not be admitted).
**Drivers have to leave vehicles on-site until at least 3pm. If you're unable to commit to having your vehicle on site before 9.30am - after 3pm, unfortunately you will not be able to display.
(Please note if you arrive early you shouldn't be stuck in the bulk of the traffic that arrives after 8.00am).

You are reminded that dogs & alcohol aren't permitted on site & absolutely NO GLASS of any sort is permitted on the grassed track area during this event.

**** Prize giving will be at 2pm. Best Presented Car, Best Presented Bike, Best Presented Car Club & Classic Driver Presentation ****

This is another fabulous event to diary, so many stunning cars, huge variety and that's not only the Zeds! 8) 2015 also will have vintage motor bikes displays too!!

Please bear with the organisers/marshals, as they're doing their best to get your car in situ efficiently.

Please register your attendance above so we know how many to allow for or if you have further queries, please post on this thread.

We have plenty of space, for lots of Zeds, so let's put on a great club display! Zeds are pre-selected for the following weekend's Concours d' Elegance show at Galaxy of Cars, so make sure your Zed is in extra tip top, super shiny, not a spec of dust or muck anywhere, think white detailers glove checking for muck and you may be asked to display your Zed at Concours d' Elegance.

SITE MAP:

Last edited by Z Club on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:25 pm

It's a great show, so we hope to see lots of Zeds on display at our club stand at Galaxy of Cars. Make sure they're all extra clean and shiny!

There are different trophies up for grabs in different categories. 8)

Don't forget to register attendance, so we know how many to expect and how we're going to set the display up.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:55 pm

I know last year was basically a non event for me being able to attend any Zclub events due to other commitments I had committed too, so I'm really trying hard to make space in my calendar this year for attending a few Z events. The Galaxy of cars is no exception as I'm trying hard to talk my better half around to allow me/us to come along, however I do not wish to say that I'm committed 100% at this stage as I'm currently overhauling the oil cooler, radiator, rocker cover gaskets, turbo on the Z31 and added to that several items on my Ford Telstar Radisich edition. I'd really, really like to come along, but finances are being closely watched by the boss so maybe, just maybe I will make it along 'here's hoping' :)
Good things are worth waiting for, but great things happen at once.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:29 am

DKNWSZX wrote:I know last year was basically a non event for me being able to attend any Zclub events due to other commitments I had committed too, so I'm really trying hard to make space in my calendar this year for attending a few Z events. The Galaxy of cars is no exception as I'm trying hard to talk my better half around to allow me/us to come along, however I do not wish to say that I'm committed 100% at this stage as I'm currently overhauling the oil cooler, radiator, rocker cover gaskets, turbo on the Z31 and added to that several items on my Ford Telstar Radisich edition. I'd really, really like to come along, but finances are being closely watched by the boss so maybe, just maybe I will make it along 'here's hoping' :)
It would be awesome if you could make it along to the event, so fingers crossed for you. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Next event. 8) 8)
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:59 pm

The tickets for this event have arrived. I will station someone at the gate to give you your ticket. Let's put on a fantastic display of extremely clean and tidy Zeds!!! We have space for plenty more Zeds. This is a really relaxed enjoyable show, so we hope you can join us. 240z - 370z, you're all welcome!!!

Full event details in the first post.
Next - Z Club events:

big sam

Post by big sam » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:28 am

There were 11 cars at the photo shoot earlier in the year, and that was just s30's.
We know you're out there....

coomzie
Z Club Member

Post by coomzie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Ill get the ol champagne Z31 out of hibernation and bring her up if you are short of numbers? Is it too late?

big sam

Post by big sam » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:04 am

Never too late. Shine it up and bring it along...

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:58 pm

For those coming to Galaxy I will be bringing the Gezebo, if you have a fold up chair, bring it along will make things more comfortable for you.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 pm

bernjean wrote:it along will make things more comfortable for you.
Sunblock and plenty of water or refreshments, as it's usually pretty warm in the circle where our Z Club stand is. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Azukii_rain

Post by Azukii_rain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:42 am

Don't suppose anybody has those little inserts in the center of the stock bumpers I could buy/steal? I'd like the gap to be covered for the show :P
Attachments
holes.png
holes.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2195 times

chrismx5

Post by chrismx5 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:53 am

I shall be there :)
Suede interior and all!

And clean, of course!
350z
Miata
E30
Primera
Silvia
A6..
I change my cars more than I change my clothes.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 am

Awesome!! More the merrier! Folks if your Zed is very clean and tidy, bring her along, as we also have a Show n Shine category for our club Concours for those cars that are obviously modified. (Need to be a financial member to receive a trophy/ies. If you're not, that can easily be changed.) :wink:

Need to know how many club cars are into the show, so I know how many judging sheets to print off.
Next - Z Club events:

chrismx5

Post by chrismx5 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:49 pm

They wont mind a z33 attending?
350z
Miata
E30
Primera
Silvia
A6..
I change my cars more than I change my clothes.