Taranaki Tarmac Rally - 8 Stages - 80 cars - 350 km

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
Andy
Site Admin

Taranaki Tarmac Rally - 8 Stages - 80 cars - 350 km

Post by Andy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

Goto taranakicarclub.org.nz

What is it? A rally consisting of 8 special stages around Mount Taranaki. It is an all tarmac event.

Are you using Rallysafe? Yes. For information on the system, check out http://rallysafe.com.au/

For competitors looking for an installation kit: http://rallysafe.com.au/shop/uncategori ... -you-need/

Can I get involved? Of course! We welcome all people who have an interest in motorsport and are able to help in various capacities. We need marshals, timing and logistics crew. Send us an email at rally@taranakicarclub.org.nz letting us know you would like to help.

How can I enter? Entry form and regs are now up above on this page, and also repeated on the normal Events Page as well.

For rally specific queries you can email us on rally@taranakicarclub.org.nz otherwise our contact page has details for the committee.
Last edited by Andy on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Presume you've entered??
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Some great cars and competitors entered including the beautiful Kelsey car.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Not sure if it was wetter outside or inside car, even modern cars were complaining of water in cars. Our Zed was a sauna, with water on transmission tunnel turning to steam and not even rainex was enough to keep our visibility clear. We finished with around 18 cars still behind us and had a look at donating to the Taranaki SaveaFence campaign but backed out of the contract without making a donation. Steep learning curve running too hard tyres and Zed felt like it was on ice. Co-driver looked like he'd been 15 rounds in a boxing ring after 8 stages. Changes to be made include refitting door seals, install effective demister and buy softer compounds for wet weather. What wonderful stages they would have been in the dry! Taranaki the Tarmac playground! Rallysafe units were a new thing for us and worked well with notifications of stationery and overturned cars plus (too many) overtaking requests flashing on the screen. An attempt by organisers to use the units to notify virtual chicanes fell a little flat, we missed two! as did a large group of other crews.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Maybe just a good raincoat. Don't envy you, nothing worse than wet inside of car. My Torana many years ago did the same. every morning the inside of the windows were wet. I spent ages trying to sort it out. gave up in the end, Pulled one of the bungs out of the floor. Back then it wasn't uncommon for cars to leak water, I should know had enough of them come into the workshop to be fixed. Was always a thankless and unprofitable job, whenever a leaky car turned up the staff would do a runner.
Bernie Kant
Club President