Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

North Canterbury Z Cruise

Post by Z Club » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:56 am

What: North Canterbury Z Cruise
When: Sunday 25 May 2014
Time: 10am
Where: outside Bashers ITM hardware store, 82 Carters Road, Amberley.
First meet point from Chch to convoy to Amberley: 9 am BP Edgeware so we can top up with 98 before hitting the road to Amberley
What to bring: Money for lunch, full tank of petrol, gold coin donation for our club charity - St John, friends and family
Event organiser: Netrover

As winter approaches we Cantabrians should get together for a final cruise before the weather makes it too difficult. There have been quite a few new Canterbury members recently so this will be a great opportunity for us all to get together.

Kirihi organised this fantastic cruise in November, but unfortunately we could only get four cars along. The plan is to do the very enjoyable Leader Road cruise again, but this time with a lot more participants. Its a great drivers road, so ditch all your other plans for the day and register!

I have shamelessly copied the itinierary from the November event, which is:

Meet at 10am outside Bashers ITM hardware store, Amberley.

Proposed circuit is Amberley, Waipara, Weka Pass, Waikari, Waiau, Leader Road, Cheviot, the loop out to Gore Bay (for those that want to), and back to Ambertown.

We can stop for coffee again at Waikari. There's a park in Waiau, opposite a cafe/shop, where we can stop for lunch.
Last edited by Z Club on Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:30 am

I'll try get my new wheels fitted, guards rolled and my coils dropped another inch for this ;P Why must 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 be so darn expensive :(
2005 350Z ST money pit.

djz

Post by djz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:17 am

Excellent, was a great cruise last time, now I just have to get the Z sorted in time!
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

robstar27

Post by robstar27 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Im in sounds good. Ive seen so many 350 s around Christchurch lately.

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 am

djz wrote:Excellent, was a great cruise last time, now I just have to get the Z sorted in time!
Looking forward to seeing it again! Good that you have the trusty Skyline in reserve.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

Gunmetal Z

Post by Gunmetal Z » Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Ill be there with the motordyne!! :D
35th Anniversary Grey 350z - Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave exhaust , JWT popcharger, MREV2 plenum , 5/16 plenum spacer , MD ART pipes, UR Crank pulley, CE28 volk racing wheels

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat May 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Gunmetal Z wrote:Ill be there with the motordyne!! :D
Great! 4 Z33's registered so far with 4 different aftermarket exhausts. Looking forward to the soundtrack.

B101, are you around? Would love to see your car there. Sounded fantastic last time I heard it.

robstar27

Post by robstar27 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Anyone got a go pro to get some cruise footage?

netrover

Post by netrover » Sun May 04, 2014 9:08 am

Luxo wrote:I'll try get my new wheels fitted, guards rolled and my coils dropped another inch for this ;P Why must 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 be so darn expensive :(
Wow, mods galore!

And the new exhaust on its way. Looking forward to seeing your Zed.

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 am

netrover wrote:
Luxo wrote:I'll try get my new wheels fitted, guards rolled and my coils dropped another inch for this ;P Why must 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 be so darn expensive :(
Wow, mods galore!

And the new exhaust on its way. Looking forward to seeing your Zed.
I'll defiantly have the exhaust on, may not have the wheels fitted :/ depends if I've got the money. I'm going to Europe for 5 weeks July-Aug so saving for that takes preference. I'm really looking forward to meeting more Z owners!
2005 350Z ST money pit.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Luxo wrote:I'll defiantly have the exhaust on... I'm really looking forward to meeting more Z owners!
Looking forward to meeting those who couldn't make it to the last cruise, and catching up with the regulars too. Also excited about hearing that exhaust system - I'm sure we'll hear you coming! :-)

Chris
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

Luxo

Post by Luxo » Sun May 04, 2014 4:09 pm

kirihi wrote:
Luxo wrote:I'll defiantly have the exhaust on... I'm really looking forward to meeting more Z owners!
Looking forward to meeting those who couldn't make it to the last cruise, and catching up with the regulars too. Also excited about hearing that exhaust system - I'm sure we'll hear you coming! :-)

Chris
I hope so! I'm going to get jelous looking at that HR all day :p
2005 350Z ST money pit.

netrover

Post by netrover » Fri May 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Just met John at Animates where we were both stocking up on pet food.

Great looking 35th with Luxo's Impul exhaust making the rear end look and sound fantastic.

Hopefully John can join us on the cruise.

MasterJay

Post by MasterJay » Sat May 10, 2014 12:19 am

Yep I will come along with my fresh import :-)
Waited nearly 8 weeks to get it in my driveway last week but it sure was worth it! (It felt like an 8 week Christmas eve lol).

The Impul system is awesome - just what I wanted ..
Next I want to replace the stereo and put in a JWT.

netrover

Post by netrover » Sun May 11, 2014 6:50 am

MasterJay wrote:Yep I will come along with my fresh import :-)
Waited nearly 8 weeks to get it in my driveway last week but it sure was worth it! (It felt like an 8 week Christmas eve lol).

The Impul system is awesome - just what I wanted ..
Next I want to replace the stereo and put in a JWT.
Will be good to see you there John. The Leader road is a great drive where you will be able to get to know your new car a little better!