Servicing

350Z
OMSIN

Servicing

Post by OMSIN » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:35 am

Just wondering if anyone here has an owners manual detailing at each service interval what needs replacing or checking, I'm currently at 64,000k's and would like to know when I will need to start replacing consumables like seals/clips and the like

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Should be servicing your 350 every 10k.

From my owners manual; basically 45k, 50, 55, 60, 65k and 60k service are all the normal things that you should check with any service, change oil filter, replace oil, check for leaks. 70k lists, check diff oil, and it really does make a difference. Your Zed is probably on it's 2nd battery by now, or 3rd.

80k service is more detailed.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 am

Yep I service every 5, top up oil every 1-1.5k. Did my transmission and diff when I got the car, Coolant flush will be next

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:55 pm

OMSIN wrote:Yep I service every 5, top up oil every 1-1.5k. Did my transmission and diff when I got the car, Coolant flush will be next
Is your Z using oil?
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:12 pm

BRONZEE wrote:
OMSIN wrote:Yep I service every 5, top up oil every 1-1.5k. Did my transmission and diff when I got the car, Coolant flush will be next
Is your Z using oil?
Yea, typical rev up motor

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:30 pm

OMSIN wrote:Yea, typical rev up motor
The joys. At least you're aware and keeping on top of things. There were a fair number of engines swapped out on the rev-ups to the long block under warranty. Your poor Z must have missed out.
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Yep, read all about it. A lot of the rev up engines that got replaced ended up with new engines that still consumed oil :/

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:57 am

Yes very true. I'll stick with my humble DE. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:52 am

Wasn't there a solution for the Rev up oil consumption - something to do with electronic sensors?
I thought it rather odd to read on the forums elsewhere that some rev ups do and some don't use oil.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Not sure if there is a fix, haven't been able to track down any relevant up to date threads where its mentioned

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 pm

OMSIN wrote:Not sure if there is a fix, haven't been able to track down any relevant up to date threads where its mentioned
One of my mates who works on Zeds said this is what he does to cure the infamous Rev-up oil burning;

Bore out and fit oversized Wossner pistons and rings.

Swap out the valve seals and sometimes do some work to the valve guides.
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:19 pm

sounds expensive

maukuzed

Post by maukuzed » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm

I must just be lucky then , my 06 rev up doesn't use any oil between changes ( 5000k ) and as far as I can tell has never had an engine swap :)

Buster

Post by Buster » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 pm

I always thought it was basically a ring problem and I assume entirely fixable but Nissan chose to fit replacement engines.

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Buster wrote:I always thought it was basically a ring problem and I assume entirely fixable but Nissan chose to fit replacement engines.
A solution offered when manufacturers do not know whats wrong, hoping it was an assembly problem and not a design fault - obviously replacing the whole engine is overkill, but when you don't know whats wrong you cannot fix it