TAUPO TRACK DAY weekend!! YEAH!! - Saturday 14 February 2015

Ideas, past and coming events
agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Sorry i wont be able to come. Blew my engine up and im spending all my money on fixing it. Maybe next year when my pulsar if finished.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:40 pm

agecage wrote:Sorry i wont be able to come. Blew my engine up and im spending all my money on fixing it. Maybe next year when my pulsar if finished.
Oh, that's such a pity age. :(

big sam wrote:Will be coming along to marshal, spectate, take photos etc.
Awesome, all helpers make a huge difference. Thank you. :)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi folks, the Ascot, Z central when we're all in Taupo have emailed to let me know they have the following rooms available. Don't leave your accommodation booking to the last minute or you might miss out. They've just done a major interior refurbishment at the Ascot as well, so will be looking great.
The Ascot reserve parking for us, so your Zeds will be safe whilst at the hotel, and they are very accommodating with car trailers too.

They still have the following available

2 x 2 bedroom units $225.00 per night per unit

3 x Units with 1 x queen bed + 1 x single bed - $152.00 per night per unit

1 x 1 Bedroom Unit – 1 x queen bedroom + 1 x single bed in Lounge area - $166.00 per night per unit

3 x Queen Units - $152.00 per unit per night

Contact details are here:

http://zclub.nz/viewtopic.php?t=4150&po ... sc&start=0
Next - Z Club events:

WIKEDZ

Post by WIKEDZ » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:08 pm

is a fire exstinguisher a requirement for street cars

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Part of the requirements for the event is that all participants must be familiar with Appendix 2 Schedule A as the Clubs contribution to improving driver knowledge and event participation. But simple answer is no, but please familiarise yourselves with the manual, it's all in there, it is a little convoluted but can be found easily once you know the layout. There is a chart in there under 4.8 from memory and it's marked something like Fire Extinguisher Requirements.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Less than a month til Taupo now!
Next - Z Club events:

fome dome

Post by fome dome » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:15 pm

BRONZEE wrote:Less than a month til Taupo now!
Can't wait fitting new Brake pads, rotors & checking suspension tomorrow very important :)
Have paid my track fee but still says I havn't paid if payment hasn't gone through can someone please let me know :?:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:16 am

fome dome wrote:
BRONZEE wrote:Less than a month til Taupo now!
Can't wait fitting new Brake pads, rotors & checking suspension tomorrow very important :)
Have paid my track fee but still says I havn't paid if payment hasn't gone through can someone please let me know :?:
Awesome Marty. 8)

Don't worry about the paid stamp by your name, just means we've been busy and haven't logged into see who's paid recently. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:

asyado

Post by asyado » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 am

Hi all,
I have had a couple of my friends who were to come to Taupo now pull out. I have a three bed room booked at the Ascot Motor Inn.

If there is anyone still looking for accommodation for Taupo, then I'll be happy to share the room I have booked or if no takers, then I will ring them to down size to a smaller unit.

Cheers,
Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

Pest

Post by Pest » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:28 am

As in, 3 beds in a room?

Rachel and I (and our Daughter) will probably need accommodation, not sure yet if we can stay at her folks this year, so might need a room.

Luke.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:11 pm

We're in the process of organising sponsors for our Z Club Taupo Track 2015. If anyone has a company that might be interested in sponsoring the event or knows of a company that would like to, please contact Bronzee for more details.

If you have friends that would like to join take their car on the track, we welcome other cars, as we have different group classes.

WIKEDZ

Post by WIKEDZ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 pm

just a question about overalls have read appendix 2 schedule a and states the materials that comply but was looking on trade me for some race ones and some listed as race\kart
and only 65% cotton i asked what the other material was and told polycotton, didnt think that was allowed can zclub tell me if polycotton is allowed.
thanks nathan

asyado

Post by asyado » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi there Luke,
if I was informed correctly by the owners, there are two beds in one room and a single in the other room.
I'm happy to take the single in any account.
If you want to know for sure, ring them on their 0800 number and ask for the room details, its booked under my name, Nigel Playle.
I'm going to be there on the Friday, hopefully early to mid afternoon, as I've taken the Thursday off so I can split my travel up country.
Cheers,
Nigel aka asyado

asyado

Post by asyado » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi all,
someone can stand me corrected, but for what I have done in the past in any organized motorsports events, the bare minimum is 100% cotton overalls, woolen socks and helmet.
Cheers,
Nigel aka asyado

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Cotton only for overalls or single layer race suit as a minimum, closed shoes and complying helmet.