Grasskhana in Clevedon

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

Grasskhana in Clevedon

Post by Z Club » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:04 pm

Convoy meeting point: 9am, McDonalds Manukau, corner Ronwood Ave, Great South Road, Manukau
(Please note there will only be a convoy if required, as most decided they are going directly to the farm. Please post if you would like to convoy).

When: 8th April 2007 @ 10am @ Keith's Farm

Where: Keith Smiths Farm ,North Road ( North Rd runs between Clevedon and Maraetai )Clevedon (Travelling from Clevedon to Maraetai its about 4.5 km on your right hand side we will have our club banner at the gate)

Why: This is a chance to test out your driving skills on the grass.

What to bring: Your car, something to drink, lunch and picnic gear, sun tan lotion.

Competitor Entry: $10 this covers Motorsport NZ levy and lunch.
Spectators : Free entry, $6 if you want to join for lunch.

This year we will be joined by the Mini and BMW clubs so will be a great social event . We have been assured the weather will be fine so come along and enjoy.

The program for the day will be a gymkana type event where we will have courses set out where you will be timed on each course.

Please note a contingency plan has been put in place, just in case the weather turns bad in view of the last few weeks. This will involve either a trial or follow the leader over some nice driving roads to a good lunch place that caters to all budgets. Irrespective of what the weather does we'll all still meet at Keith Smith's farm.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
Last edited by Z Club on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Count me in

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Isnt that easter sunday? :(

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:10 pm

YEP that is Easter sunday. So you get Easter monday to clean all the grass and cow shit out of all the nooks and cranys that likes to stick to.
Happy cleaning.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:35 pm

Well you will have to put me down as only a maybe then
and in the event that i do come along I shall bring the mighty Ford ute :twisted:
Cleaning on Monday?...... not for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Will go but only to watch. Wouldn't want the precious 350 getting dirty. :lol: :wink:

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 pm

HA HA!!!! looks like me and the black stalion are guna come along and put on a mighty display of Ford power :lol:
I will chuck a couple of Zed parts on the back just to keep in theme for the day :D
see you pepolz there on the day

GO THE FORD!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:41 am

Sounds like there could be a bit of a ute challenge Nissan v Ford :lol:

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:02 am

240z wrote:Sounds like there could be a bit of a ute challenge Nissan v Ford :lol:
Yep but my Nissan has a well worked Z20 engine as in 300,000km's of work = gutless

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:16 am

my speedometer broke at 480000kms so I had to chuck in a new dash with 160000kms on it - thats up to 180000kms or so now + the few thousand it did while the speedo was broken :lol: so mines up to 500000kms and a bit :lol:
But I'm fairly sure it isn't the original factory build engine in there - at least a reco/repair but maybe a replacement was told it was a "new" motor 10000kms before I got it - but that could just mean a new set of plugs knowing some grease monkeys :roll:
I've got a set of Toyota 4WD mags on it so I'm sure I will have the best looking Ford ute on the day :D
time to go find some avgas for it mmmmwwwwaaahhhaaaahhhhaaaaa!!!!!!!

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:03 pm

nzeder wrote:
240z wrote:Sounds like there could be a bit of a ute challenge Nissan v Ford :lol:
Yep but my Nissan has a well worked Z20 engine as in 300,000km's of work = gutless
Think you maybe in with a chance with your total disregard for mechanical abuse im sure the Z20 will be hard to beat

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 am

nooooo chance :lol:
maybe I should pull the camshaft and attack it with the bench grinder - more lift and duration the back yard way
how long do ya think it would last? :lol:

no ?

OK what about Burt Munroes Nitro glyserin pills in the fuel tank trick :lol:

Stumpy

Post by Stumpy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:37 pm

I will defiantly be there. It will be good to do courses that are made for Zed's and not the tiny courses set for mini's. And hopfully no reversing courses!!

minimad

Post by minimad » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:11 am

Please note that the courses at the Minis grasskhana were not set to advantage or disadvantage any car intentionally. With the aim to give people as much time driving, and less time waiting we ran two courses at the same time, because of this and the size of the paddock the size and tightness of the courses was dictated to us. Sealed and grass motorkhanas are tests of driving skill and reversing is a part of that. I know that some of the Minis will be at Clevedon and even with more open courses they will put on a good show. I will be there and help with the timing etc.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:18 pm

This will be a top day out.

Post now if you are coming so we can get some idea of how many to cater for.

Even if you dont want to have a go it will be a great day out.