Replacement rear shocks 2008 350z

350Z
mal.d

Replacement rear shocks 2008 350z

Post by mal.d » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi,
I am thinking about replacing the rear shocks on my Z. I am getting tired of the rattle and occasional thump. I was just going to replace the shocks bushes but have decided to look at the cost of replacing the whole shock. I am ok with the current ride quality that the factory shock provides and our roads can be rough in places so I do not what to stiffen up the suspension any more.

Any recommendations?

I also have picked up from other forums that you need to be careful tightening the two mounting bolts at the top of the shock. People have over tightened the nuts and broken off the stud. :oops:

Cheers

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 pm

mal.d wrote:Hi,
I am thinking about replacing the rear shocks on my Z. I am getting tired of the rattle and occasional thump. I was just going to replace the shocks bushes but have decided to look at the cost of replacing the whole shock. I am ok with the current ride quality that the factory shock provides and our roads can be rough in places so I do not what to stiffen up the suspension any more.

Any recommendations?
Is the hat on the spare wheel properly bolted down? They can produce some annoying rattles when a bit loose.

Tein is a popular choice for a 350. There are cheaper options, but it depends what you are after.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:14 am

How many kms has the car done. If you are replacing the rear ones you need to think about the condition of the front ones. New shocks on the back and half worn on the front is not a good combination. I would go to somebody like the guys at Autolign in Mt Wellington and chat about the options. I'm sure they would be happy to supply if you want to fit them.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:16 pm

bernjean wrote:How many kms has the car done. If you are replacing the rear ones you need to think about the condition of the front ones. New shocks on the back and half worn on the front is not a good combination. I would go to somebody like the guys at Autolign in Mt Wellington and chat about the options. I'm sure they would be happy to supply if you want to fit them.
Might be a bit far for Mal he's in Gissy. But definitely worth phoning them for a chat and they have branches further down the line anyway.

http://www.autolign.co.nz/distribution.html
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.