What have you done to your car today?

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
marrow

Post by marrow » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:39 am

Manual conversion complete! Dropped it in at the muffler shop for a flowmaster and some flanges for when it goes +T, and also because I hacksawed the pipe in half ;)

disruptiv

Post by disruptiv » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Before
After

reliablejunkie
Z Club Member

Post by reliablejunkie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Wheels, brake callipers, brake rotors, rear axles, rear diff and driveshaft out and now time for lunch. Next up I am taking off the gearbox. The zed is at the beginning of a wee touch up.
Someone had to make up for all the pollutants these hybrid cars are saving these days, so i cranked up the fuel pressure and let the engine roar.

1983 280ZX L20ET engine with an N42 head running on megasquirt ECU

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Slow progress, most exterior trims back on. Today I took the hatch off and tried cleaning that up a bit, pulled some junk out and fiddled with some small stuff. Replaced a couple of frayed fuel lines the other day in the engine bay as well as the fuel filter (lots of fuel was spraying out all this time!).

Getting ready to pull underlay out and organise all the required wiring before interior is put back together.

http://i.imgur.com/4mhGQGX.jpg

Pretty sure I spent an hour just sitting in it.. :roll:
In a long distance relationship with my 260z

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:53 pm

installed new rear pads and put new rubber on the rear of the 350. surprised at how easy it was to do the brembo pads.

DKNWSZX

Post by DKNWSZX » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Now I know it's not a Z, however I'm rather glad to have been able to acquire the below vehicle from my father. I have so many fond memories attached to it, all of them made from our copious amounts of trips between Whangarei & Auckland for my many sporting excursions. The car has been fastidiously maintained by my father and now he has passed it onto me to enjoy, and enjoying it I have been. I've always wanted to own a vehicle that has been produced in limited numbers and I have finally been granted with that wish thanks to my father. See below http: link for my newly acquired automobile......., :)

Enjoy Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/Roxanne ... sort=3&o=0

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Cant work on the car from WA but I can buy! Just bought myself a two-post hoist

350ZST

Post by 350ZST » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Today I purchased my very first 350Z and drove it home, I'm still smiling :D
The only thing I have done to it is fill it up with petrol, 98 octane :wink:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 pm

1achuck wrote:Today I purchased my very first 350Z and drove it home, I'm still smiling :D
The only thing I have done to it is fill it up with petrol, 98 octane :wink:
Nice!!!! Best thing is price of petrol has dropped so much that it's not so painful filling the thing up like it was a couple of years ago, at almost $200 clams a fill as it was. :shock:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

reliablejunkie
Z Club Member

Post by reliablejunkie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:17 pm

my welding skills are getting better so I have decided to take off the first bit of rust on my car. Very exciting times for me. Got the wire wheel and started on a tiny rust bubble as my first attempt in rust removal and then that rust bubble turned into a giant crunch spot with body filler filled out over a cm thick in some points.

Strange how there are several different coloured layers in there though.
Someone had to make up for all the pollutants these hybrid cars are saving these days, so i cranked up the fuel pressure and let the engine roar.

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:19 pm

That's some thick cut cheese! Always a bit of a bummer to find that :\

reliablejunkie
Z Club Member

Post by reliablejunkie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Yea, I am not too bothered. It is good practice to get the car straight. I am tackling small sections at a time because I do have a few patches of rust to deal with. Onwards and upwards though.

reliablejunkie
Z Club Member

Post by reliablejunkie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Today I went to town with a wire wheel and tidied up a lot of my rear sub frame parts and painted some of them. I will finish the rest tomorrow and pop it all back on the car.

350ZST

Post by 350ZST » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Removed the Japanese navigation control box from behind the drivers seat, no more bing-bong and irritating japanese writing on the screen.
Just waiting for a blanking plate to be fabricated to fill the hole in.

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Started sticking underlay down, got about half of the job done. I also took the pedal box out again.. What a pain in the ass! But now I'll be able to bolt clutch master cylinder on (prep for manual swap).

I'm placing the wiring atop of said underlay and will make a couple of additions next week (I've started shopping..).