What have you done to your car today?

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
andy_cliff

What have you done to your car today?

Post by andy_cliff » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm

What have you done to your pride and joy today?

I saw this on couple of other forums, its great for keeping the forum rolling over and gives you some where to yarn about what you have done to your pride and joy.

I haven't seen another topic of this sort on here? If so, feel free to delete this :)

Lets get it going. It can be anything from 'drooled over her, sitting the garage to strapping a turbo to it.

andy_cliff

Post by andy_cliff » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:34 pm

To start us off, here is what i got up to.

Fitted a new cold air intake & mocked up a template to make an alloy air box.

I also got my S15 Silvia back to road legal condition ready to sell. :( Sad to prepare selling my first car.

I had a mate give me a hand putting my Silvia back together. That is his Gloria hiding in the corner.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Pity to be selling the S15, they're cool cars. Wish I still had mine.

Haven't done anything to my Zed today, other than look at it. :P
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

HasMilk

Post by HasMilk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Been at work today, but I might go put the drivers seat in mine.. Just to sit down in the drivers seat :)
In a long distance relationship with my 260z

reliablejunkie
Z Club Member

Post by reliablejunkie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Brand new water pump and thermostat housing plus thermostat arrived from the states today so i took out the radiator and flushed out the whole cooling system and put everything back. Just got back from taking it for a spin up to lower hutt and back. Couldn't be happier :)
Someone had to make up for all the pollutants these hybrid cars are saving these days, so i cranked up the fuel pressure and let the engine roar.

1983 280ZX L20ET engine with an N42 head running on megasquirt ECU

CroneOne

Post by CroneOne » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:46 pm

380 RS gas pedal for those heel toe moments.
Last edited by CroneOne on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Fitted what appears to be quite rare, a MSNZ complying "double bracketed" 2kg extinguisher capable of staying in its bracket, without the use of cable ties to stop the extinguisher flying out under heavy braking.
Attachments
zoe_0014_692.jpg
zoe_0014_692.jpg (146.44 KiB) Viewed 11729 times
Last edited by Andy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baker93
Z Club Member

Post by Baker93 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Wow that's sexy. Don't you be criticising MSNZ rules !!!

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:13 pm

I've said it before, but it's the little things... Finally removed the AA 'odometer checked' sticker. I KNOW the odometer's correct and I don't need a horrible bright yellow sticker in the corner of the windscreen to tell me so! It was a bugger to get off, but worth it. :-) Also received my 350Z phone cover today (what a Z geek!), so a good day in Z-land.
2007 (HR) Magnetic Black 350Z Enthusiast

mikec(nz)
Z Club Member

Post by mikec(nz) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:46 pm

I replaced a perfectly good single bracket foam fire extinguisher that fit in a spot that no one could kick it, that never came loose, with a stupid powder one, that has two brackets that comes loose all the time and will only fit in a space where my passengers trip and kick it. Good one MSNZ!!!

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:04 pm

mikec(nz) wrote:
I replaced a perfectly good single bracket foam fire extinguisher that fit in a spot that no one could kick it, that never came loose, with a stupid powder one, that has two brackets that comes loose all the time and will only fit in a space where my passengers trip and kick it. Good one MSNZ!!!
Same problem here, thing comes undone all the bloody time...

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 pm

kirihi wrote:I've said it before, but it's the little things... Finally removed the AA 'odometer checked' sticker. I KNOW the odometer's correct and I don't need a horrible bright yellow sticker in the corner of the windscreen to tell me so! It was a bugger to get off, but worth it. :-)
Rainex black the stuff that's supposed to be for the inside of windscreens/glass is great stuff for getting off windscreen stickers. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Baker93 wrote:Wow that's sexy. Don't you be criticising MSNZ rules !!!
Nothing wrong with the rule, its the inability of the peoples republic of consumer items to produce a quality solution, this one is NZ made, supplied by a club member and as rigid as a very rigid thing.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:55 pm

I fitted one from the Imperial Republic of Cheap Hideous Insubstantial Nasty Accessories and it is such high quality that it now takes at least 4 times as long to get it out of it's bracket as the old single clip one that never came loose. Either that or I haven't been braking hard enough! Maybe there is an opportunity for said club member to assist us all with making our cars better. Bulk deal??

Baker93
Z Club Member

Post by Baker93 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 am

I actually saw my car ! was beginning to forget what it looked like ! Today (last night) fitted head studs, final fitted new exhaust, trial fitted dry sump pump, new balancer and trigger wheel, ordered new throttle bodies. Fitted last two piston assemblies and wouldn't ya know it I damaged an oil scraper ring !!! Lots of phone calls and I continue to do part in supporting the American economy. Am actually starting to get excited about this motor racing thing again.