Grass Motorkhana CANCELLED - Saturday 15 March 2014

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

Grass Motorkhana CANCELLED - Saturday 15 March 2014

Post by Z Club » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm

When: Grass Motokhana- [s]Saturday 15th March 2014 @ 9am PROMPTLY [/s] (entries from 9 - 9.15am) - please ensure you're there on time!!! CANCELLED!!!
Finish time: 3pm
What: Grass Motokhana!!!
Where: Keith's Farm, 491 North Road (North Rd runs between Clevedon & Maraetai ), Clevedon.
(Travelling from Clevedon to Maraetai its about 5 km on your right hand side, or 6-7km approx from the Maraetei on the left hand side)
* Front paddock that we used 2 years ago (CONFIRMED THE ROADSIDE PADDOCK).
* (For those of you that Grass Motokhana'ered in 2012, same driveway off the road, but the very first paddock on the left). -PADDOCK CONFIRMED!!!
* Look for the Z Club banner, and balloons at the gate - to find entry point. A large Oak tree on one side, and bamboo on the other as landmarks.
*** Look out for the balloons or a club banner!!! This will indicate which paddock we're using this time
What to bring: Your car, plenty of gas - (nearest station may not have 98 octane), something to drink, lunch and picnic gear (nearest foodery is a few kms down the road), sun tan lotion, fold out chair, gold coins for our clubs charity collection for St Johns
*** The club will provide a tent to shelter from the sun.
Competitor/paid up member Entry Cost: $10 per driver this covers Motorsport NZ levy (please bring the right change).
Competitor/non-member Entry Cost: $15 per driver this covers Motorsport NZ levy (please bring the right change).
Spectator Cost: Just a gold coin donation for St Johns.
Why: This is a chance to test out your driving skills on the grass.
* The program for the day will be a motokhana type event, similar to the sealed surface on at Ardmore in January, where we will have courses set out where you will be timed on each course.
Competitor Apparel: Closed in shoes. Clothing must not be loose in fitment.
Event organisers: Bronzee & Murray

Entry forms will be posted nearer to the time. These forms should be completed beforehand and bought along with you on the day)!!!!

Entries will be on the day PROMPTLY from 9.00am till 9.15am, drivers briefing from 9.20am till 9.30am. Please ensure you're there on time!!!!

If you spot a lost Mini Club car trying to find the entry give them a wave so they can find the entry.

Back due to popular demand. Keith has kindly volunteered one of his paddocks again.

Please note a contingency plan maybe put in place (details will follow if required), just in case the weather turns bad, although we've have been assured the weather will be fine so come along and enjoy.. and hone up those Z handling skills!
Last edited by Z Club on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:31 am

Bump.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Only a month away, just finalising details with MotorSport NZ then will post up cost.
Next - Z Club events:

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Please note this event date has been moved to Saturday 15th March, as we were not able to get one of our Zclub Clerk of the Course for the Sunday.

Rest of details still pending.

agecage
Z Club Member

Post by agecage » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Any updates yet. Got a few people asking about price and registring for the event.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:10 am

agecage wrote:Any updates yet. Got a few people asking about price and registring for the event.
Just waiting on the paperwork to be confirmed by MSNZ. But should be $10 per driver for Z Club financial members and $15 per driver for non Z Club financial members. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Paperwork confirmed by MSNZ, so we're all go.
Next - Z Club events:

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:41 pm

bump.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:07 pm

So 1k views, and no entrants yet. Anyone? All the MotorSport paperwork is done, it's only $10 for members and $15 for non-members, cheap way to get to know your car even better. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 pm

I was keen but am on a camp with Tommy so I'm out.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Jibber wrote:I was keen but am on a camp with Tommy so I'm out.
Sounds like your Fairlady isn't being very fair at the moment, trying to keep you from events.
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:53 am

Earth to Zedders! Anyone keen?

If we don't get a decent number of Zedders for this event, we'll cancel this and have a brunch or lunch instead. I do have to notify MotorSport NZ of cancellation of the event, so speak now.

Just looking for some feedback as to why no one bar one person has registered to motokhana? Do you prefer the sealed surface motokhana's? If so the cost to run that type of event is higher due to the venues we have to hire.
Next - Z Club events:

waidez
Z Club Member

Post by waidez » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Keen to come down and watch as my car is a bit low to enter. Will even pay $10 entry fee if you don't get numbers to ensure others don't miss out . Would prefer sealed surface event for my car. Cheers, Waide.

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:33 pm

BRONZEE wrote:
Jibber wrote:I was keen but am on a camp with Tommy so I'm out.
Sounds like your Fairlady isn't being very fair at the moment, trying to keep you from events.
My Z is being very unfair at the moment, stupid thing. Its going again now (after a SUBSTANTIAL cash sacrifice again) but its not 100% currently. I'd have been keen to try the grass as a comparison to the tarmac one we did last year but family commitments has kept me away. Had we not been at camp, wild horses wouldn't have kept Tommy and I from rocking up, although a shortage of horses(power) may have dictated the use of my work car!

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Lets all put in $50 and buy a paddock basher to thrash!

I did this once in my Z and it was a lot of fun but I am getting too precious to take my Z out in the field.
72 240z plus bits