S30/S31 2 seater for sale

Old classifieds threads worth keeping around
Andy
Site Admin

S30/S31 2 seater for sale

Post by Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Just an early heads up, I will be listing on Trademe my 1976? deregistered S30/S31 2 seater with cert plated 5.7L Chev V8 and Auto when I haul it back from Warkworth. Car has had RF collision damage but is very repairable and I will supply a guard and steel bonnet to the buyer. This car was imported from Japan as a 2.0L Fairlady and has the electric window option. Car has been body modified and has steel flared guards and sill extension/skirts. Diff, halfshafts and companion flanges removed but can supply an open R200 and R200 compatable moustache bar with the car. It was running the original UJ half shafts so plenty of those around. Engine ran before I committed it to storage. Car has a good solid floorpan but sill extensions had been added with no sweat holes so they are probably toast.

Suspension and brakes are pretty close to standard.

I quite like the steel arches and this car would make a unique rebuild project for someone who likes the low, wide and brooding look on these beautiful cars.

I am selling it because I am focussing on the dirty old rally car and all my resources should now be into parts and development on that car. I've also never been the best at polishing and I did intend to make it into a tribute to the overchromed V8 conversion culture from days gone by.

I am looking in the region of $3000 for the car including the bonnet and guard, but happy to winch the motor and box out if you dont want them.

I will probably haul to Newmarket next weekend but you can view at Matakana by Warkworth before that time.

Car is far from complete, was drivable before I nicked the diff, but there's nothing missing that is rare or difficult to find.
Attachments
s31bsmall_165.jpg
s31bsmall_165.jpg (18.01 KiB) Viewed 5030 times
Last edited by Andy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Just needs lake pipes to fry your leg as you hop out after fanging it down to the dairy. V8 with 4-stage auto would be fun. Foot on the floor and just steer, ye haa!
All Nissans are racecars.

disruptiv

Post by disruptiv » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:28 am

any chance i could get some pics?

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:10 am

ZMAD wrote:Just needs lake pipes to fry your leg as you hop out after fanging it down to the dairy. V8 with 4-stage auto would be fun. Foot on the floor and just steer, ye haa!
Yup its a lake pipe kinda car.

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am

Very cool! Sure you could get big bucks for it being 2-door/V8/flares/body kit and all that.
All Nissans are racecars.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:19 am

disruptiv wrote:any chance i could get some pics?
Yes probably next week when I list it on Trademe, I havent seen the car for 18 months and will re-acquaint myself next weekend.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Now in Newmarket, will photo and list tomorrow, get in before its gone.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Sorry vehicle sold, I wouldn't mind finding some U/J half shafts and 260z rear hub companion flanges for the young guy that's brought it so he starts with a complete kit, I gave the half shafts away, then foolishly sent the companion flanges to Modern Motorsports for conversion, so never heard of or saw them again. :-( Let me know.