L28 headers for fuel injection/carb

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 am

Aww! I had more to say. Jeez you got it bad. We got 3 cats. Our black ninja (mummy cat) got 3 large rats last summer and one was inside eating the cat food. It was then cornered under cabinet and shot. Bigboy (the son) caught 2 mice that we know of. I just love repairing rat chewed cables...not! OK, what was the topic?
All Nissans are racecars.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 pm

nzeder wrote:Pedey has a redline manifold - aka long and low a bit like the cannon items. I sold most - Andy has one, one went on SAMURI when I had that and my FET intake was sold a long time ago :D and Garry has the other one I imported from Japan a long time ago - now owned by Garry (that is a long story maybe over beer one night ;))
Andy has no carb manifolds left, in fact I think Pedey is using a "raw" and new unused Redline I owned.

Pedey the carbs look shit hot! You're on the right path, stick with the torque inducing intake manifold but design your own headers, use a flange to match or better your intake manifold thickness (this is important, thin flanges buckle and release), line it up good and talk to Anthony or Ricky regarding pipe length and design. Then coat them so you dont get the heat issue boiling your fuel.

Our car is using a beautiful japanese made (unsure of brand) inlet a little shorter than a redline but more suited to injection and certainly not as "sandy" as the redline is out of the box.

I do have an old exhaust manifold that would fit but it would only be good as a filler for now, small primaries, light flange and suffering from overdoses of AVGAS.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Andy wrote:
nzeder wrote:Pedey has a redline manifold - aka long and low a bit like the cannon items. I sold most - Andy has one, one went on SAMURI when I had that and my FET intake was sold a long time ago :D and Garry has the other one I imported from Japan a long time ago - now owned by Garry (that is a long story maybe over beer one night ;))
Andy has no carb manifolds left, in fact I think Pedey is using a "raw" and new unused Redline I owned.
I knew you sold that one to Pedey ;) I was stating where all mine had gone ;)

Sounds like a plan Andy - if Peter wants to get the car going quickly with the aim of getting a new header then he should take you up on the old header you have there ;)

Pleased you are happy with the ITB and intake I sold you. As for brand....it is not a Kameari like most think - they just happen to sell them. They are made by HARADA SHOKAI

So I have attached some images of the different intakes - I could not find an image of the Sanyo/OER/Mikuni (they look to be all the same casting/design) however there is 2 x Sanyo type ones for the S30z and others for the Skylines aka KGC10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 pm

You're a mine of information :D

Pedey

Post by Pedey » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:23 pm

We went out and saw Peter at Custom Chambers today, he brought up a good point - as it turns out even if someone had something I could use it most likely wouldn't work due to our Z being left hook and the steering shaft fouling on the headers.- He's going to make up a fresh set.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Pedey wrote:We went out and saw Peter at Custom Chambers today, he brought up a good point - as it turns out even if someone had something I could use it most likely wouldn't work due to our Z being left hook and the steering shaft fouling on the headers.- He's going to make up a fresh set.
Excellent choice

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Pedey wrote:We went out and saw Peter at Custom Chambers today, he brought up a good point - as it turns out even if someone had something I could use it most likely wouldn't work due to our Z being left hook and the steering shaft fouling on the headers.- He's going to make up a fresh set.
right forgot about that for a bit - very good point then his turned headers should work as they are a replica of the USA version aka LHD.