KM/L what kind of mileage do you get on average?

350Z
kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 am

CroneOne wrote:Wow 1200 is a hefty fee. Did you get a dyno sheet that said "we took you from X hp to X hp"?
Was it significantly a much better driving experience after? Just curious about the before/after dyno tune.
Yes, $1200 is a lot of money but, as I said, worth it for me (rechecked, it was $1100). Only one other place in Chch could remap the HR ECU at the time, and they charged a similar amount. As per earlier post, please see the http://www.zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=3248&test=test thread for the process, feedback and results (including dyno sheet).

Chris

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Not used as a daily driver, last time I looked was 9.5 which I consider not to bad. My Accord Euro will only return 10.5 - 11.
Bernie Kant
Club President

CroneOne

Post by CroneOne » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Cool thanks for that thread link kirihi. Neat to see the before and after dyno tune results.

Well, I'm getting down to my last bit of fuel in the tank and it looks like I will squeeze
about 400 kms out of a full tank which will result in 5 km/l.

EDIT * put some highway on the last 1/4 and the DTE had me about 80 km left at about
380.6 km so I'm going to update it to approximately 450 km which is about 5.6 km/l which checks out
with the guage.

Actual calculation :
Re-filled the tank with 98 octane BP. 61.8 Litres to top up. 380.6km/61.8L = 6.16 km/L actual.

If there were 4 levels of
efficient driving, 1 being the least efficient I'd say I drive about a 2. City driving,
average about 30-50 km/h. Some fun pulls here and there but not all of the time.
I'm sure there's huge room for improvement.

I'll update the 98 Octane results when I've burned through the tank again.. :lol:

maukuzed

Post by maukuzed » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 pm

hey mate , hows the 98 octane working out for ya ?

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:17 pm

If it hasn't seen improvement get the O2 sensors tested/codes checked.
Replacing a bad O2 sensor can improve mileage by ~40%
Each sensor is about 200NZ each so should be an investment worth considering if needing replacement.

maukuzed

Post by maukuzed » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:27 pm

seems a bit odd to have to many issues with only 60ks on the clock and just 6 odd years old ,?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:23 am

maukuzed wrote:seems a bit odd to have to many issues with only 60ks on the clock and just 6 odd years old ,?
Not so odd, any car that hasn't been cared for properly can. Our Zeds run a lot of sensors as with most modern cars.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

maukuzed

Post by maukuzed » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:36 am

put it this way if I was buying a car with that kind of mileage and 2007 I would kind of expect to not be buying into a lot of problems ... but then I guess there are always FRIDAY cars out there , not saying this is one ! just my opinion

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Any car new or old can be a huge can of worms. Full STOP!
All Nissans are racecars.

maukuzed

Post by maukuzed » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:23 pm

yes im not denying that , but my point is how many people go out and buy a newish low mileage car expecting problems ?

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm

My first 350z was bought from a well known, large Hamilton car dealer. 2003 56,000kms loaded with problems and they were doing the bare minimum to fix them. Took the car back in the end. Round 2 with my 2005 z fingers crossed. Mileage so far is reading at approx. 8 to 8.8 but I'm sure I'm only getting about 400k's to the tank. Haven't done enough driving to determine yet

marsurv

Post by marsurv » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:10 pm

7 Kms per litre around town and 10 kms per litre on a run. IMHO, litres per 100 Kms is meaningless 8)

CroneOne

Post by CroneOne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey Fellow Z's, how's tricks?

Here's an update on my second tank test on BP 98 octane fuel.
I was really hoping for an improvement on mileage however......it's actually worse.

Actual calculation :
Re-filled the tank with 95 octane "Z" fuel station today (hey they have a petrol station just for us! Cool). 59.31 Litres to top up.
Since my last fill I had driven 352.6 KMs. There was 66 kms left on the DTE meter which would have worked out
to 418.6 km on a full tank.

352.6km/59.31L = 5.95 km/L actual.

The only difference in this tank is that I didn't put 150 highway kms on it like the last tank. Just
small town wellington driving.

Needless to say I thought that 98 octane would have been a lot better.

Next up: Z petrol station 95 Octane.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:50 pm

CroneOne wrote:Hey Fellow Z's, how's tricks?

Here's an update on my second tank test on BP 98 octane fuel.
I was really hoping for an improvement on mileage however......it's actually worse.

Actual calculation :
Re-filled the tank with 95 octane "Z" fuel station today (hey they have a petrol station just for us! Cool). 59.31 Litres to top up.
Since my last fill I had driven 352.6 KMs. There was 66 kms left on the DTE meter which would have worked out
to 418.6 km on a full tank.

352.6km/59.31L = 5.95 km/L actual.

The only difference in this tank is that I didn't put 150 highway kms on it like the last tank. Just
small town wellington driving.

Needless to say I thought that 98 octane would have been a lot better.

Next up: Z petrol station 95 Octane.
Hey Crone, you're still missing a couple of octane. :wink: 98 is the juice our Z's prefer and are tuned for. 8)

Highway driving will make a massive difference to consumption. So with only 150kms of highway, you will have used less fuel, highway = way less gear changes than city driving = less fuel used.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

CroneOne

Post by CroneOne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Hey Bronzee

BP 98 octane is the last fill up that I did (see last post) which has now resulted in 5.95 km/L

Today I filled up with Z 95 Octane which I will test out. Who knows maybe BP gas
is rubbish.

It's true highway km's will boost up the numbers big time. When I did that little 150km trip
I was seeing high 6's per km.
I don't think that my car is that off compared to the average Z. I mean look at these guys

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/148-aus ... ank-2.html

I'm pretty sure if I removed my hard pulls and did more 3rd gear driving I could get into
the 450-500km per tank. But how much fun would that be? :lol: