Questions about the 350z

350Z
cobsl

Post by cobsl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I went and had a look at the car the interior is in pretty poor condition and the seats are near ripped that's why the price is so low but the car yard looks really dodgy not sure if its a trustable one.

Do people put after market seats in the 350z at all??

Hows this one?
trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=607579300&permanent=0

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:20 pm

All looks fairly stock.

Most of the 350's with aftermarket seats are either race cars or show cars. The leather seats tend to wear a lot better (if looked after and feed regularly with leather conditioner), than the fabric. It's always the bolsters that show the wear.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Taryon

Post by Taryon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:02 pm

With the early facelift models, Nissan used a pretty bad paint material for some of the interior pieces so it tends to scratch very easily and looks horrible. That's what I'm experiencing at the moment, just a slight skim with your fingernail will take paint off, have to get it repainted at some point :)

The other thing is the seats, as Bronzee has said, the leather wears a lot better and the cloth seats tends to wear pretty badly and is quite normal.
That's also why I changed my cloth seats to leather :)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Taryon wrote:With the early facelift models, Nissan used a pretty bad paint material for some of the interior pieces so it tends to scratch very easily and looks horrible. That's what I'm experiencing at the moment, just a slight skim with your fingernail will take paint off, have to get it repainted at some point :)
Haven't seen it so much here, but overseas, a number of people have been using the cf type wrap to cover the handles to alleviate this.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.