Just saying hi

New to the site? Say hello here!
Sav

Just saying hi

Post by Sav » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi there about a month ago I brought my second 260z ( the first was a 2+2 that was so rusty that if it wasn't a Z it would have been scrap long a go ,I sold it to a panel beater so we may see it again) my new Z is an ex race car from down Wellington way .its had a hard life so will need a lot of work to get it back to street legal.i was surprised to see it in your club gallery under comp cars in it better years reg IZ9999.the picture is great and I will have to make a poster of it for the garage wall .looking forward to some good times in the car and the club.ive already met some nice members through buying parts-thanks for your time Sav.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your car progress, looks like its had a Targa history, time it returned to the event!

Sav

Post by Sav » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:12 pm

It's done 4 targas that's 4 more than me it still has a full roll cage and all the racing gear I've just taken out the race seats and belts and thinking about going to a half cage

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 pm

I guess you would have to half cage it if you're wanting to drive it on the road and not intending to compete in a motorsport event at least twice a year. The full cage, particularly if extended forward does add substantially to the chassis stiffness in a S30. If you were intending to compete I would seriously think about leaving it in. Having said that it the front half is poorly constructed or you have no homologation for it, you're better off without it.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum. You're welcome to come along and join in the fun at meets until your latest Z is back on the tarmac. 8) Have definitely seen a few pics of your latest Z. Good luck with the project. There's lots of knowledge on here, and often source of parts.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Pedey

Post by Pedey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 pm

I'd just keep the cage and compete twice a year, seems a shame to pull it out! In any case, welcome, make sure you start a build thread!