TAUPO TRACK DAY!!!! YEAH!!!! - Saturday 15 Feb 2014

Ideas, past and coming events
stevec

Post by stevec » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Z Club wrote:Anyone tracking or those who have paid for the Z Club lunch at Taupo, if you have special dietary requirements, please txt/phone or pm bernjean to let him know please.
I eat practically anything on 4 legs except a table and anything that flies except an aeroplane

stevec

Post by stevec » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:33 pm

bernjean wrote:Thats cool, what about the 100kph in a 50 area nice. How do you get the speedo stuff on the screen. we need to do a set up make it look like your passing everybody on track. Something to show the rallies
Hopefully Ill get some speedo shots of up to 140kmph at taupo, then Ill be able to add them to the 50km/hr scenes lol. Editing is done in Adobe Premiere Elements, yes and some "set up" movie scenes would be great if I can find a colaborator

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 am

Guys, it looks like I need to pull out, unexpected bereavement of a reasonably close cousin so I'll be in Taranaki.

Looks like it may work out that we see you for dinner on Friday though so not a total loss.

Somewhat bummed, Tommy and I really look forward to this event, can I register now for 2015?

People, go hard and be safe. Have a great day!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 am

Jibber wrote:Guys, it looks like I need to pull out, unexpected bereavement of a reasonably close cousin so I'll be in Taranaki.

Looks like it may work out that we see you for dinner on Friday though so not a total loss.

Somewhat bummed, Tommy and I really look forward to this event, can I register now for 2015?

No registration for 2015 yet, looks like you have paid for this year, do you want us to hold it over till next year, if so just remind us when when registrations open.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm

TWO ROOMS ONLY LEFT AT THE ASCOT MOTEL. THIS WAS AS AT 10.55AM THIS MORNING, SO THEY MAYBE GONE NOW, GET ON THE PHONE FAST IF YOU HAVEN'T BOOKED YOUR ACCOMMODATION AS YET. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:52 am

Andy wrote:
Jibber wrote:Guys, it looks like I need to pull out, unexpected bereavement of a reasonably close cousin so I'll be in Taranaki.

No registration for 2015 yet, looks like you have paid for this year, do you want us to hold it over till next year, if so just remind us when when registrations open.
Thanks Andy I'd really appreciate that! Good Luck for the day
Last edited by Jibber on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevec

Post by stevec » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:01 pm

some moron previous repairer of my car overtighened all the wheel nuts on my car an now one of the studs has broken, what a pig of a job to remove it and put a new one, now i got no car, no transport, but Ill be at Taupo this weekend even if I have to start walking now

Baker93
Z Club Member

Post by Baker93 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:11 pm

If you haven't got it sorted and need a hand give me a call. Not saying im better than you but I could possibly give it the good news.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Anyone that is still hunting around for 100%cotton overalls, we still have some ex rental overalls from http://www.alsco.co.nz/ that they kindly donated to the club last year.

Variety of sizes, to suit probably average height to very tall (bar one set that have already been spoken for).
Next - Z Club events:

OMSIN

Post by OMSIN » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

stevec wrote:some moron previous repairer of my car overtighened all the wheel nuts on my car an now one of the studs has broken, what a pig of a job to remove it and put a new one, now i got no car, no transport, but Ill be at Taupo this weekend even if I have to start walking now

Had someone do that to my R34 skyline, wasn't much work to replace the studs on it. I like to do them by hand (at least start them off) otherwise you end up doing what some novice mechanics do and do them up cross threaded with the air tool - which I think is on a level above over tightening, on the a$$ scale haha.

Hopefully you can fix it in time

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Baker93 wrote:If you haven't got it sorted and need a hand give me a call. Not saying im better than you but I could possibly give it the good news.
That's another reason to be part of club, when other members muck in to help get a car back on the road. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Reminder folks, this applies to all those tracking, or spectators lunching.

Z Club wrote:ABSOLUTE FINAL REGISTRATIONS AND PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THURSDAY 13 FEBRUARY!!!
(If you pay on the 12th, please be prepared to show proof of payment, in case funds haven't cleared the clubs account in time).

WE PRE-PRINT ALL THE REGISTRATION FORMS TO ENSURE REGISTRATION ON THE DAY IS EFFICIENT, SO WE WON'T BE TAKING ANY REGISTRATIONS AFTER THE ABOVE DATE.

We hope to see lots of you there!
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:45 pm

DRUM ROLL: WE HAVE ANOTHER SPONSOR TO ADD TO THE LIST!

EVENT SPONSORS:

* BuildLink
* Race Brakes
* VTNZ
* City Nissan Takapuna
* Profile International Ltd
* Beaurepaires
* Proparts Hawkes Bay
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:00 am

Thank you very much to those of you that have paid already, to those of you that haven't please save me the time following you up, and direct your payments today please!
Next - Z Club events:

Taryon

Post by Taryon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:15 pm

I'll be coming to the track day but unfortunately I won't be going on track. Will just be going to take
photos of people/cars there :)