Targa New Zealand 2013

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:16 am

Mike thats great, Its all about bang for buck, enjoy.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Spotted the blue Targa 350 on the news the other night too. Good to see that back in action since Lionel sold it.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Another good day for the Z entrants again I think.
Just spoke to Andy and he is going well, looks like he is 5th in class.
Looks like Laurie in the Aussie 260z is still running but a long way down the results.
Saw Allan coming in to Parc Ferme and results show he is first in class by 17 seconds from the 350Z.
Masoe in the 380Z is 4th in class

Our 240Z is going well in the Tour, been playing with a few of the BMWs down towards the back of the Modern Tour field and that has been heaps of fun. All 3 R35 GTRs on the Tour are going well, but Clark Proctor apparently did a good job destroying his Targa car earlier today.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:56 pm

How are the new brakes Mike ;)

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:02 pm

We have had some issues on s3 with a broken wire on the crank sensor, we are sprinters I think and the car loved s2 plus we had a lot of supporters on that stage. We are very happy with the car it is flying and generating huge g's. Saw club member Ricky holding the ok banner after Mike Sextons M3 had a rose joint break and they hit a bank hard.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 pm

old_datto_fan wrote: Looks like Laurie in the Aussie 260z is still running but a long way down the results.
Laurie bent his car quite bad after attacking a fence and flying over a bank on day one and is out.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Its a bit hard on the Tour to keep up with what is happening in the main (real?) event and have to rely on the online results which often don't tell the whole story so thanks for the corrections Andy.

As for the new brakes, absolutely fantastic Mike and thanks for selling them to me. Able to go much harder in to corners and it is nice to have confidence that they will work well. Shows the difference that spending some money on a proper setup and getting the balance right can make. The old brakes were good but not quite this good!

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 am

Yes hard to tell who's in and who's out as withdrawals continue to get default times allocated.

old_datto_fan
Z Club Member

Post by old_datto_fan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:00 pm

All the Zs still going fine although Andy has had exhaust issues which they have just finished repairing. Allan first in class but Andy is just ahead of him overall. More results on the Targa website.

Buster

Post by Buster » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am

Great to see everyone on Targa. The Zs were represented really well this year.

Andy that engine of yours sounds so strong when you 'take off'.

.com turned up at SS1 in a big sleek Merc. Didn't get out. I assume he was pretty much wedged in there.

I'm going to chill for a few days now. Back to work on Thursday.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:29 am

We have arrived at the finish safely, Alan took his category honours, well done, the reliability problems now seem to be history.

We acheived a third in category beating everything but the Kirk Burnands and their E30/M3 rockets. The event is set to balloon as we move to the South Island next year. 240ZED is now very well behaved and we have made huge gains in handling, soon to be moved up another notch and the C type box/short shifter and pedal placement has helped with multiple seconds saved through the stages.

Soichis (ST Hitec) tune to the Edgell install was magic with a beautiful usable torque "curve" if you can call a flat line a curve. No need for those close ratios I have lusted after and the Saturday morning C type box conversion was the best $0 I have ever spent. Maybe I should get another machined professionally and place my conversion in the spares department.

Anthony and Abbie contributed tremendously to the improvement with my headset full of information the whole time.

Highlight would have been running the last stage on the third day with no exhaust, just the headers open under our feet, the sound, vibration and heat was something you will never get in a Playstation, Abbie had the intercom mic half way down her throat and I still couldn't hear, she was using hand signals and screaming at the top of her voice. Can't wait to hear that sound track from outside if anyone knows of a video. My ears were still recovering at 2.00am the next morning.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:00 am

Buster wrote:Great to see everyone on Targa. The Zs were represented really well this year.

Andy that engine of yours sounds so strong when you 'take off'.

.com turned up at SS1 in a big sleek Merc. Didn't get out. I assume he was pretty much wedged in there.

I'm going to chill for a few days now. Back to work on Thursday.
Good to see friendly faces on stage, made us feel very at home. The volunteers are a dedicated bunch.

Saw a few familiar Z32's and a 350GT Skyline parked in remote locations on stages, good to see that kind of dedication must have been a long wait to see the cars come through after road closure.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Congratulations on a fine result after all your hard work Andy. You must be very pleased.

Brian.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 pm

us2 wrote:Congratulations on a fine result after all your hard work Andy. You must be very pleased.

Brian.
Thanks Brian we are over the moon and focussing on the next target.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Well done to both your team Andy and to Allan's team.

How did the rest of our Zeds and Zedders working with other teams go? And our club R35?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.