NZ New auto
90k mileage
Touring model
$17000

What do you guys think?

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:11 am

Welcome to the forum. That's fairly cheap. Make sure everything checks out. Is it on TM?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 am

Thank you for the reply. No it's not on tm unfortunately.
I was thinking that maybe the mileage is too high but yeah as I intend to keep this car for a while, thoughts?
Also what is people's experiencen using a z as a daily car?
Any other advise tips etc would be much appreciated too.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:21 am

The mileage is not unduly high for the year. They have just run it in for ya. :lol:
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 pm

after having a look at some 350gt's... starting to have second thoughts.
I mean I prefer the look and feel (test driven both) of the zed but maybe the comfort and convenience of the gt is better suited as a daily. I dont get how the gt is similar or even cheaper than the zed and u get 2 extra seats. Would love some input from those who use a zed as their daily and a and their thoughts on the comparison.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Smile wrote:after having a look at some 350gt's... starting to have second thoughts.
I mean I prefer the look and feel (test driven both) of the zed but maybe the comfort and convenience of the gt is better suited as a daily. I dont get how the gt is similar or even cheaper than the zed and u get 2 extra seats. Would love some input from those who use a zed as their daily and a and their thoughts on the comparison.
When I first purchased my 350z, 9 years ago, I used it as a daily for about 3 years, it was great, found it comfortable. Maybe a bit thirsty if you're doing very high mileage (the G options will be the same, same engine).
If you need anything closed away from prying eyes, I'd suggest a tint on the back window and fabricating an enclosure under the strut brace, easy enough to do. I've not seen any commercially made ones in all this time, which is rather surprising.

Mileage, 90k, I wouldn't be unduly worried, as long as it's been properly serviced and run on 98 octane and you have it thoroughly checked over to ensure there are no sensor issues (350gt & G35's will be the same as very similar cars). If there are, ask here, and will be able to tell you what it is, and if it will be an expensive fix or not.
There are threads on the US & UK forums where these cars are still going strong after 100k or 200k miles, many FI'd either Supercharged or TT'd. So it should have a lot of miles left in it yet.
Next - Z Club events:

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:51 pm

We bought a 2004 convertible about six months ago, here's my recommendation.
Look very carefully at what you buy I found there were lots of cars out there that could be considered bargains, what I found that regardless of mileage you can tell the cars that have been driven hard. Some cars were particularly noisy in the driveline. I found the good cars were dearer and my choice was to buy the tighter car. We drove a few Track versions, but for general driving we found the suspension was to hard to be comfortable. In saying there are some who preffer the hard suspension. For me the ride is great and hard enough for spirited driving, at least my spirited driving. We don't use the car on a daily basis but my wife usually use's it on her days of. She always enjoys taking the car out, and I always get a buzz when I drive it. The choice is mainly on the number of seats you want and whether you want a sports car of a sports sedan, I think the 350z is a nice looking car and the 350GT is starting to look dated.
Bernie Kant
Club President

Smile

Post by Smile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it.

Yeah I have to say I agree with u regarding looks, the z looks great. How inconvenient is a 2 seater as a only car though? No kids haha, so children are not an issue...

Smile

Post by Smile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it.

Yeah I have to say I agree with u regarding looks, the z looks great. How inconvenient is a 2 seater as a only car though? No kids haha, so children are not an issue...

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Smile wrote:How inconvenient is a 2 seater as a only car though? No kids haha, so children are not an issue...
You'll be surprised how much gear you can stow (with the vertical torneau) safely behind the back strut. I've managed to get a fairly decent sized suitcase and cabin bag behind the strut (carefully dropped in with a blanket around to eliminate scratches).

If no kids go for it, buy the fun car! Enjoy it. Totally depends on your lifestyle and what you want.
Next - Z Club events:

Smile

Post by Smile » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks again bronze for ur help

But I was thinking more the inconvenience of only 2 seats. The space seems fine

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 am

Smile wrote:Thanks again bronze for ur help

But I was thinking more the inconvenience of only 2 seats. The space seems fine
Was never really an issue for me. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Smile

Post by Smile » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm currently looking at a 350z in Hamilton, being in Wellington its kinda hard for me to view the car unless I am sure its the one I want.

In saying that would any 350z owners in the Waikato region be able to view the car and tell me what they think? Would be greatly appreciated, just PM me if you can :)

Thanks

Seats42

Post by Seats42 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:30 pm

I personally, at risk of getting a serious flaming on a z site :? , prefer the look of the 350gt coupe, but would go for the facelifted 05+ model - nicer dash etc. I presently drive an 05 Stagea 350rx which I love - same basic driveline etc, heaps of space and grin factor with that engine and rwd. It's great that Nissan offers us so many derivatives of the platform :D