Grass Gymkana - 5 Mar

Ideas, past and coming events
nzeder
Site Admin

Grass Gymkana - 5 Mar

Post by nzeder » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 am

Date: Sunday 5 March - 10:00am

Clevedon: Keith Smiths Paddocks, 563 North Road RD2 Papakura. We Will have signs posted. Drive before hand via Clevedon for brunch – lunch, bring a picnic for later on in the day, BBQ's (portable of course). For the cars that are still working and not too dirty a drive back via Witford, and stop for a coffee break at one of the many cafés along the way. If you want to go to the beach afterwards, don't forget your togs'n'things.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:36 am

Well it was a day full of cow dung flinging, hitting of cones and generally just having fun in a paddock kindly provided by Keith Smith. So a big thanks to Keith. Also thanks to Kelvin for arranging the day and looking after the timing throughout the day (sorry you did not get to compete due to this fact).

We were joined by the BMW Car Club so it was in-lines 6's all round (well apart from the odd company car or farm hack ;) yep I had some fun in the old Nissan Navara UTE, nice and light in the tray = lost of wheel spin)

The UTE was the winner of the "do the course in reverse" - well I was the only one to do :D

All I can say is that BMW must have their horn button close to the rim of the wheel - the number of BMW's that would beep at every turn when trying to hall it back around at full lock was amazing.

Photo's will be post shortly :)

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:53 am

Sounds like alot of fun!

Wish I could have been there :)
I Currently Don't own a Zed

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:13 pm

Yep it was fun - apart from the low life that nicked the clubs checkered flag that was in the letterbox to show which paddock we were in :evil:

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:34 am

Photos are being added to the albums now.........trying to sneak it in between doing 5 minutes of actual work.

Great fun and thanks to Kelvin for organising and for Keith for the paddock.

Excellent fun and I recommend attending next time it is held.

So Mike - is there any LSD effect left in the Navara diff - the donuts were great!
72 240z plus bits