Christchurch Air Force Museum Tour & Cruise

Ideas, past and coming events
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am

Don't forget that this is Kirihi's workplace that he has kindly sort special permission to have this meet & this is NZ Defence Force land, so I'm sure everyone will be on their very best behaviour at this club outing, so we're invited back again in the future. :wink:
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

djz

Post by djz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Managed to break the Z at the NZ Datsun trackday on Friday so I won't be bringing that anymore, I'll have to come along in the Skyline.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 am

djz wrote:Managed to break the Z at the NZ Datsun trackday on Friday so I won't be bringing that anymore, I'll have to come along in the Skyline.
Not literally? Mechanically?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

djz

Post by djz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14 am

Mechanically, managed to smash both the oil pump gears into about 20 pieces, hopefully there's no other damage to the motor - will hopefully have it out later today and stripped down.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

wld350

Post by wld350 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am

djz wrote:Managed to break the Z at the NZ Datsun trackday on Friday so I won't be bringing that anymore, I'll have to come along in the Skyline.

oh sh!t man! that blows!

Swwnz

Post by Swwnz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Guys,
Got two more cars coming up from Alexandra,Grant Ward 300zx,and Owen Burgess 300zx.so that's a total of six people from down south.
Cheers.
Steve.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Swwnz wrote:Hi Guys,
Got two more cars coming up from Alexandra,Grant Ward 300zx,and Owen Burgess 300zx.so that's a total of six people from down south.
Cheers.
Steve.
Great work Steve! It'll be great to see/meet you all, and looking forward to checking out the 370. Let's hope for some good weather...

Cheers,
Chris

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:38 am

Hi All,

just thinking through some logistics...

If we meet at 10am, drool over and talk about cars, do a Behind the Scenes Tour and have time to look around the museum itself, we will easily kill a couple of hours. For this reason I would suggest that we have lunch in the museum cafe and then cruise off to Akaroa for a coffee/beverage so that we don't feel rushed.

Does this sound OK to y'all? Any suggestions of a good place to go to in Akaroa?

Cheers,
Chris

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am

You lucky b's. The drive to Akaroa is superb, and i would love to be there. A cool place.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

B101

Post by B101 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

How long does it take to go there and back? With a decent rest inbetween?
Cheers
Brian.

kirihi
Z Club Member

Post by kirihi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 pm

B101 wrote:How long does it take to go there and back? With a decent rest inbetween?
Cheers
Brian.
Hi Brian - it takes about an hour to get from Wigram (the museum) to Akaroa, so I'd imagine we'd get to Akaroa by around 2-3pm, have a break/coffee, and then people can head back to Chch as they like. Open to suggestions/modifications though.

Are you going to make it from up north?

Cheers,
Chris

B101

Post by B101 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Brian - it takes about an hour to get from Wigram (the museum) to Akaroa, so I'd imagine we'd get to Akaroa by around 2-3pm, have a break/coffee, and then people can head back to Chch as they like. Open to suggestions/modifications though.

Are you going to make it from up north?

Cheers,
Chris[/quote]

Cheers chris
Im all booked in for the ferry from wellington to picton on sat morning. (After the drive from Hamilton to wellington) Will get to picton by 11am then trip from there to christchurch. So i will deffinatly be there on sunday unless my partner has got something else planned for me.

Swwnz

Post by Swwnz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:33 am

Looking good,I make that 10 Zs a great start,look forward to seeing you all,
Steve

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 am

kirihi wrote:Hi All,

just thinking through some logistics...

If we meet at 10am, drool over and talk about cars, do a Behind the Scenes Tour and have time to look around the museum itself, we will easily kill a couple of hours. For this reason I would suggest that we have lunch in the museum cafe and then cruise off to Akaroa for a coffee/beverage so that we don't feel rushed.

Does this sound OK to y'all? Any suggestions of a good place to go to in Akaroa?

Cheers,
Chris
Good suggestion. An alternative is to have lunch at Little River - 20 minutes from Wigram? There is a great cafe and art gallery there. Should also be enough space to park up the Zeds together. After Little River we can head over the hill to Akaroa for a coffee. The Hilltop Tavern at the top of the hill has great views out over Akaroa Harbour, so we could stop there for a look see.
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z

netrover

Post by netrover » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:16 am

Swwnz wrote:Hi Guys,
Cheers.
Steve.
Good effort Steve.

See you all next Sunday.

Had a close call in the Zed this week - some dreamer in a beamer reversed out of a carpark at great speed without looking my way. Stood on the brakes and leaned on the horn - there was millimeters in it!
35th Anniversary Ultra Yellow 350Z