Canterbury Car Club Motorkhana/Gymkhana Sunday, July 15,2012

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
toby_tec

Canterbury Car Club Motorkhana/Gymkhana Sunday, July 15,2012

Post by toby_tec » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:50 pm

What: Canterbury Car Club Motorkhana/Gymkhana (Round 1 seal/tarmac)
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2012
Time: Start arrival time for competitors 8.15am.
Arrival time for spectators 9.00am.
Where: Location is the sweeper of Powerbuilt Raceway, Ruapuna Park.
Cost: $20.

round one of canterbury car club's motorkhana championship this weekend.
affordable motorsport for everyone, lowish speed and its all about car control
more details at
www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/common/even ... p?slno=640
www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/ClubSport/Motorkhana.php

*edit* - fixed links

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:38 pm

You guys get a lot of events and start fairly early at Ruapuna.

We only do 6 motokhana/sprints (both in one day) a season. Our first one for points isn't till 9 Sept, "play day" is still a few weeks away, 12 August.

Love to one day race at Ruapuna, love the track layout. Best track in the country both layout wise and from a spectators point of view.

toby_tec

Post by toby_tec » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Yea they do start some events pretty early,
There is a lot groups that want to use the track so if we start early enough the club can run 2 events on the same day

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:18 pm

We do Motorkhana from 10am, sign on around 9:30 and run till roughly midday. Two sealed courses on the front straight, one on the grass. Then do the sprint in the afternoon from 1 till around 3-3:30.

toby_tec

Post by toby_tec » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 pm

That sounds like a good day,
We split the grass and sealed events to different days (mainly cos there in different places)
We run 6 courses and usually finish around 12 or 1 depending on numbers

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 pm

I always discard the grass run, unless it's quite tight i usually have no chance at doing a good time, Grass = Wheel spin.

What numbers do you get? In invers we still get 20-30 every time unless it's pouring with rain, might only get 15 or so.

toby_tec

Post by toby_tec » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 am

turn outs are up and down,
average is around 12 to 15, if we get more than 20 thats a good turn out.

yea grass events are usualy a wright-off for me too, i had a silvia before the 300 and it was no better.
though i'm pretty sure most of my problems are "user input error"
i've been to multiple grass events where RWD cars have finished near the top and i then spend the next few days thinking what are they doing that i'm not?

at the end of the day sideways might not be fast but it is entertaining :)

djz

Post by djz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

I've only had a brief look but do you need to be a CCC member to enter? My cars in pieces so probably can't make this one but I'd be keen on the next one.
Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I know in Invers you can do 2 events, after that it requires you to get a "social" membership which is only $50, $35 for under 18's.

I'm suprised you get so few people. Generally no rwd cars really show up, inc myself might get 5 tops for motorkhana maybe 10 for the sprint. Our top guys every time are guys in either FX-GT Corollas or old Starlet's. In the sprint theres guy that runs with an NX coupe running an SR20VE and usually does pretty well. A lot of our top guys for clubsport are also racers aswell so it ain't easy but i've had a few curses where i manage top 2 or 3.

toby_tec

Post by toby_tec » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

yep thats correct, you can do two events before joining the club.
i think its called the clubsport basic membership which allows you to do motorkhanas, autocross and trials, its good value.

we normaly have 3 or 4 RWD cars to the motorkhanas (more on seal, less on grass)
the top 5 on grass is always mini/moke, corolla, birina/swift and daihatsu chrade, oh and the odd subaru.
on the seal there is often a silvia or fraser 7 in the top few places, i won one event once in my silvia so it can be done
and i'm yet to come dead last in the 300 :)
there are always close battles with places often coming down to 10ths of seconds after the 6 courses.
it'd be great to see some other z's tearing the place up

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:07 pm

toby_tec wrote:yep thats correct, you can do two events before joining the club.
i think its called the clubsport basic membership which allows you to do motorkhanas, autocross and trials, its good value.
ClubSport Basic is basically a MotorSport NZ day licence that allows you to compete at certain events with a MotorSport NZ affiliated club, if you do not have a Competition Licence.

More info here:

http://www.motorsport.org.nz/resources/ ... /clubsport
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

S13 Silvia

Post by S13 Silvia » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:48 pm

We run down here without even having clubsport lisences. Our club is pretty relaxed, you can hire the track at any time it's not in use, all you need is a spotter. No marshals, nothing...... They don't care if you're there from 8am till 7pm driving. ($200 a season or $50 each time)