Post by Fawaz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 am

Hey I'm having a problem replacing my fairlady hubs
I have installed rb25 with big turbo and I need to change the hubs to 5 stud
And the brake pads to

The problem I can't find anything fits there if any one can help

Thanks

djz

Post by djz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Z31 300ZX hubs will fit, you'll need to find some front brakes that work with your struts (I can't comment on this as I used HR31 struts). Back hubs will fit, you'll need the Z31 bearing spacer and to find some brakes that work (possibly S14 5 stud rotors), I can't say exactly what will work as I used late S130 arms and the caliper mounting points may be different.

The other way which is what I've ended up with the Z31 rear hubs and a combination of S13 & S14 front suspension and hubs but that is much more complicated.

Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

niroshann

Post by niroshann » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Am having the same issue right now. 5 stud hubs for Z31 are rare and I have decided to keep 4 stud but get big rotors and big brakes for front from an S13/S14. As djz mentioned this is complicated and I have not had much progress. Trying to keep as simple as possible. There is a company in the US that does wilwood calipers and rotors. I am trying to find out lead time and price for this setup.

I don't know if you need to upgrade rear brakes for LVV certification. Maybe adjust brake bias?