Zpring Trial & Lunch - Sunday 9 September 2012

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

Zpring Trial & Lunch - Sunday 9 September 2012

Post by Z Club » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm

What: Trial/Rally - ending with a lunch north west of Auckland
Date: Sunday 9th September 2012
Time: 9.30am (9.30am for drivers briefing!!!! - for 10am sharp for the trial start)
Event Starts Here: Albany Bus Station - top carpark, Cornerstone Drive, Albany. (Come off the Northern Motorway at Oteha Valley Road, turn left onto Oteha Valley Rd & left again into Cornerstone Drive) - by the tall Stone Chimney artwork.
Lunch Time: 12.30pm
Lunch Venue: The Boathouse @ The Riverhead, cnr Queen & York, Riverhead, North West Auckland, phone: 09 412 8902
What to bring: Gold coins for the club charity - St John, full tank of gas, co-pilot/friends/family, pens, clipboard, plastic bag, camera (or cellphone camera), comfortable shoes, money for lunch.
Organiser: Bronzee

It's trial time again!!! Sharpen that eyesight, hone those cryptic skills, come along and enjoy a fun day out, not just great roads!!!

So you know where we're starting and where lunch is, but what do we have in store for you in between???!!! Come along and find out, you'll have a blast. 8) :D

Please register above so we know how many to book lunch for & how many entry forms to print!!
Last edited by Z Club on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Lunch venue confirmed.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Bump.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Bump.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 am

Hey anybody else interested always a better event when we have good numbers. A good chance to stretch your Z's legs after a very wet winter.
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:01 am

As the movie says, wait til they get a load, of these roads! :twisted: :D Picked some good roads for you all. :D
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:19 am

Potentialy +2 here...
Unfortunatly both my Zs are on a hiatus / unregistered and without WOF.
However Jana & I could be keen to tag along in a newly aquired Italian V6 thing if future fortune goes in my favour.

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Cool Nathan will be good to see the new Italian car, guessing its an Alfa
Bernie Kant
Club President

big sam

Post by big sam » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I'll try and get my car ready, just in the throws of swapping in a nice L28 to fill in for the smokey old L26.

limezed

Post by limezed » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:52 pm

ZILVER wrote:Potentialy +2 here...
However Jana & I could be keen to tag along in a newly aquired Italian V6 thing if future fortune goes in my favour.
Safe money would be an Alfa, but could be a Flat 130, or a Maserati Bora, or maybe you have been very good and the car gods have sent you a 264 Dino.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Would be great to see lots of you along. Don't forget to register above so I know how many to book for lunch and how many trial forms to print. 8)

ZILVER wrote:Potentialy +2 here...
Guess we just have to wait and see what it is. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:50 am

I think mentioning the V6 gave it away... Yes the safe money has it - seems time I went through "the motoring rite of passage"

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:30 pm

If you would like stories of the love hate relationships with Alfa V6s then please feel free to get in contact!

Have just polished our Alfa V6 so someone could fall in love with the looks and then get to know what it is like to live with a pretty but high maintenance lady!

It worked......buy now used without even a question, a view, or a test drive........

I hope your Alfa treats you better!
72 240z plus bits

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Hey Nustad - I actually txted you enquiring about yours but didn't get a reply...
However in the end I placed a deposit down for the same spec as yours; A near perfect 156 well maintained example done only ~53000ks.
I love the way it drives - so comfy and easy. Though am I getting a good car for under 10k? - or should I run to the hills and instead buy bigger turbos for the Z?

I still own two Z32 300zxs, so it would be interesting to discuss the term high maintenance with you over lunch.
Will try my best to catch you then.

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Howdy,

Hmmmm - telecommunications.....I didn't get the text but oh well.......Sounds like you have got a better car. The issue with ours was it was from Singapore and there had been some short cuts in the maintenance which we paid a high price for. The heat in Singapore also aged the car materially.....So we spent a fortune on it. Loved the car.....didn't love the bills. However there is every chance you will have a better experience. Feel free to give me a call on 0275 638 320 if you want to talk high maintenance!
72 240z plus bits