North Shore Vintage Car Club Show - Sunday 25 Nov 2012

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Don't know if I can make had a few charging problems last run, unsure if I will be able to sort in time, in so I'm keen
Bernie Kant
Club President

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 pm

How did the show go Us2???? I saw all the cars on the motorway very early heading to the show and afterwards in the afternoon. Metal I saw looked great. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

We trailered the Cutaway L28 to the swap meet, and had an interesting day, flat out talking to people about the engine. A lot of fun, and it was good to see dads explaining it to their kids.
Some couldn't believe it was running on 2 cylinders and idling so nicely. Now fitted with a radiator supplied by Mike in Wellington, she runs for extended periods, with no problems.
Thanks Bernie for bringing your 260 along and giving us a helping hand.
We had a quick wander along the rows of cars, and there were some really wonderful old iron there. A stunning 1934 Ford V8 Coupe, in black, and as good as it came from the factory, was my favourite I think. :shock: Probably because I owned one as a 16 year old. So many nice vintage cars. A beaut 1930 Model A 2 seater roadster. Drool.
How about a 6 cylinder 9.2 litre Renault Sport. 1920 something. She must have cylinders holes you could put YA HEAD in. :lol: Just so many verry cool old cars.

And we got home in time to watch a replay of the All Blacks V Wales game. And we won--Perfect day.

Brian.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:57 am

Great to hear it all went well. Fab that you had Bernie's Zed along there too. Helps to visualise for those that don't know the car.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 am

Bernie arrived a bit after us, and so had to park some distance from where we were told to set up the engine. We were quite near the clubrooms/house.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.