New 280ZX owner checking in

New to the site? Say hello here!
BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:53 am

She's looking good. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

Grunzter

Post by Grunzter » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:04 pm

if you need the b pillar trims let me know, i have a few, but i am pretty bad when it comes to posting things, so if you are in auckland any time let me know...
1981 280ZX #33 IMSA GTU Race Car
2012 Fairlady Z34 ST (For the son/wife...)
2007 Fairlady Z33 NISMO
(Sold) 1984 300ZX Z31 2+2 Turbo
(Sold) 1980 Datsun 280ZX 2+2

muzzazed

Post by muzzazed » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Grunzter wrote:if you need the b pillar trims let me know, i have a few, but i am pretty bad when it comes to posting things, so if you are in auckland any time let me know...
Thanks, I still have the one that's missing in the photos, it just needs pooing back on. Think it's been removed & pooed back on more than once in its life, & maybe not as complete as it once was. If unsuccessful with reinstalling I'll be in touch. Just gotta re-hang the tailpipe properly & remedy a front marker light that won't go & I'm off to see my good friends at VTNZ Morrinsville!

Grunzter

Post by Grunzter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 am

Normally they have a single screwed fitting in the middle, and some soft sponge which just compresses a bit.
No 'pooing' is normally needed. :)
1981 280ZX #33 IMSA GTU Race Car
2012 Fairlady Z34 ST (For the son/wife...)
2007 Fairlady Z33 NISMO
(Sold) 1984 300ZX Z31 2+2 Turbo
(Sold) 1980 Datsun 280ZX 2+2

muzzazed

Post by muzzazed » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Grunzter wrote:Normally they have a single screwed fitting in the middle, and some soft sponge which just compresses a bit.
No 'pooing' is normally needed. :)
Yep that is correct, but as I say It's been pooed before, mainly due to it having seen better dayz I'd say! It looks like it's been wrenched off & broken at some stage so pooing was the option taken after that for reassembly. Once pooed back on it'll look ok, but I guess now you & I & everyone else will know won't we all!!
Anyway, got a new WoF yesterday, even though I need to secure the battery a bit better, replace my nearly worn out rear disc pads & remedy my intermittant (dicky) front parking lamp. I know them fairly well there & they know I'll sort it all out.

muzzazed

Post by muzzazed » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Well hello all, long time away... but I'm back!! And back with some news.

Firstly some of you may have noticed I have had the 280ZX listed on Trademe for some time, have had a few bites but nothing positive as yet. It's not a matter of not wanting to keep the car... it's a matter of financial priorities. Life can be tough can't it!

I have done one good run in the ZX, took it to Gisborne and back 2nd weekend of December. I was a little apprehensive as I wasn't too familiar with the car and its reliability, along with the fact that it had been running a bit rough just prior to the trip... but the old girl performed really well... and did receive a serious caning through the Waioeka gorge (both ways) to boot!! I did manage to blow the back out of the rear muffler though, along with the tailpipe, as a result. Otherwise no faults to report.

WoF is now due again, so I need to replace the muffler, and the windscreen... due to a crack extending from the RH side towards my line of vision. Hope to get all that sorted in the next week or 2... and a new WoF sticker on the new windscreen.

My other news is a little off topic but I'd like to get it out in the open here as I have done everywhere else in my life over the last few months, I have changed my name and I have changed my gender from male to female, so I became transgender. In addition I am on hormone replacement therapy and as such I'm physically in transition from male to female, so I am a transsexual. All this was an absolutely essential life correction for me, which I had no choice but to proceed with, and has resulted in my realization of a much happier and fuller life for me, even though it cost me my marriage as well as other family and financial issues. I am now becoming the me I always should have been, so I am on a whole new and exciting journey in my life. No doubt this is likely a surprise announcement to most who read it, even though I don't know any of you personally... I have gotten very used to shocking people with this now.

So, my only regret is that I can't really afford to keep the ZX and pour some more time and money into it as I'd like to... and maybe even repaint it pink!!!

Thanx, M.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Now there's something we don't read everyday. Very cool. 8)

Good luck with your life journey.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

muzzazed

Post by muzzazed » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

us2 wrote:Now there's something we don't read everyday. Very cool. 8)

Good luck with your life journey.
Thank you very much!! :)

ZMAD

Post by ZMAD » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Wow! All on the ZClub. You can't tell the difference on the forum can you. Good luck with the sale and buy another down the track.
All Nissans are racecars.

nustad
Z Club Member

Post by nustad » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Thanks for sharing - the pursuit of happiness is a winding journey......for a part in a 280zx and the ramiander in a new vehicle! Look forward to seeing you in either your current car or in another down the track if it sells. Cheers Glenn
72 240z plus bits

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 pm

All the best for the new path in your life. I don't know if this means that your Zed will be any better behaved or not though.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

muzzazed

Post by muzzazed » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanx all for your comments!! :D

Fastaz

Post by Fastaz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Nice condition from the pic anyway.
Good luck with the project-hope to see you on the track soon :)