Nostalgic Hero, visit to NZ

New to the site? Say hello here!
NosHero

Nostalgic Hero, visit to NZ

Post by NosHero » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 am

Hi Kiwi Z owners,

My name is Hisashi, from a Japanese classic car magazine called Nostalgic Hero. I'll have a chance to visit Auckland late January, and was wondering if we could make a plan to meet up. Datsun Club is probably able to throw a meeting on Sunday January 22 in Christchurch. It will be great if we can meet there. Please join! Otherwise, I'll be in the Papakura area near Auckland. It'll be nice to meet local Z owners as well. If things go well, my goal may be to meet as many Japanese classic owners as possible and write up an article on our meeting for the magazine. Have any of you seen our magazine?

Hope to meet you all,

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:49 am

What dates are you around Auckland of the upper North Island?

Did you see this event in Hamilton (which is just over an hour south of Papakura, in the next major city)?

http://www.zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=2593&test=test
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

us2
Z Club Member
Location: Weymouth by the sea.Auckland.Don't dream it ,be there

Post by us2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:09 am

It would be very nice to meet you Hisashi. Papakura is part of Auckland City.
!972 240z
Retirement is great. Growing old sucks.

NosHero

Post by NosHero » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:24 am

Thank you for the messages. Yes, I had checked that event site, BRONZEE, but my arrival date is Saturday 21st. Currently I'm thinking to join Christchurch guys on Sunday 22nd, and fly back to Auckland on Tuesday 24th. I'll be around until Monday 30th hanging out with my Kiwi friends. It would be great to check out your Z, us2, looks pretty nice and clean. Looking forward to meeting you guys soon!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:18 am

Do you land in Auckland first? Auckland being NZ's biggest city (in the North Island), Christchurch is second biggest city, and about half way down the South Island. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:43 pm

I live in Papakura and will be around if you need anything. I'll PM you my phone number.

NosHero

Post by NosHero » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks for your messages, guys. I appreciated them.

I'll be posting the same in NZ Datsun forum, Sun 22nd for the Christchurch meeting, and 23rd for touring and garage tour there. On the next weekend, a small meeting in the Auckland area. That's my thought right now. Dear us2, please help synchronizing and sharing information between both clubs.

Hisashi

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Maybe we could organise a gathering on the Saturday 28th January?
Next - Z Club events:

NosHero

Post by NosHero » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 am

Yeah, that sounds great. I just posted a note on the NZ Datsun Forum proposing a meeting on that weekend.
Please check it out under Board Index - General - General Datsun Chat - visit to NZ (I cannot post a link here for some reason).
I will be in Papakura and Penrose from Tuesday 24th on.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Found the thread on NZ Datsun:

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... 2&start=20

Seems like something on the 28th January in Auckland maybe happening. Have pm'd Noshero to find out what has been organised across on the other forum. 8)
Next - Z Club events: