My Recent UK Visit - Some interesting PICs (56K Warning)

General natter about Datsun/Nissans
nzeder
Site Admin

My Recent UK Visit - Some interesting PICs (56K Warning)

Post by nzeder » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Well I thought it was about time I posted these up. While I was in the UK on business I hocked up with some fellow Datsun fans - the power of the internet :wink:

Anyway here are some of the pics I took.

1. A very low mileage B110 sedan with newly installed Datsun rear badges all the way from NZ (via me to Oz to my UK counter part who then delivered back in April) - Click on the pics for a larger copy 8)
2. Next we have a few pics of a rare beast in any part of the world. This is the guys daily driver - purchased from an old guy in Scottland it is stock original. We were coming home from Alan's place (pics of his cars below) and spotted this 510 on the road. We both pulled of to a petrol station and I got these snaps. This is a L13 powered 510 still with the working 45 player :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
3. Now we have a low milage 910 (15,000 ml on the clock) one owner car when purchased by this Datsun fan. This car will again become a daily driver once the owner sells his non Datsun daily :)
4. One of only 5 or 6 in the UK so a rare car in that part of the world. A 610 sss - again this was a one owner car when found with very low mileage and a ceased engine (sitting too long) - this is still the original paint much like all the cars above also. Yes he does have the sss badges I think they were removed for a cut and polish of the paint
5. One and only factory HS30-H aka ZG in the UK - very tidy car I visited this cars owner the first time I went to the UK. Alan is very knowledgeable about S30 aka Zed range of car and has a great deal of knowledge of their race history in Japan. Some might notice the large wheels on the rear of this ZG - these rims are in fact the fronts for the car pictured below however at the time I visited Alan was in the process of getting some different tyres so the normal ZG rear rims were on the front of the GT-R. So the GT-R fronts were on the rear of the ZG so the car could be moved around.
6. Alan's new pride and joy - a KPGC10 genuine GT-R Skyline. Many here might know that Alan is also building a 432R replica, which has the nickname of a PZR, or in the very simplest terms is a Fairlady Z/240Z body (S30) with the same engine that powers these GT-R Skylines aka the S20 engine. In both the Z and Skyline this is denoted via the P in the chassis number. To be factually correct there are a number of differences between the S30 body and the PS30-SB bodies ie thinner guage sheet metal = lighter in some places and thicker guage in other areas for strenght, wiring looms the list goes on...but anyway I am sure the same can be said about a real KPGC10(GT-R) and the KGC10 (GT-X fitted with a L20a engine originally however most in Japan now have modified L28's between the front struts)
ImageImage
76 RS30 260z
70 Mini Cooper S (replica)
Previous
73 RS30 260z track
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
71 HS30 240z 3.2 road/track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe