25th Anniversary Trial and Lunch

Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

25th Anniversary Trial and Lunch

Post by Z Club » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 pm

When: Saturday 2nd December 2006, at 10am
Where: BP Connect / Autobarn on Hway 1 ( North of Albany,about 6km after Oteha Valley rd exit before Silverdale exit)
What: 25th Anniversary Event.

We have a Trial, Morning tea and Lunch arranged to celebrate our 25th year. We will be leaving the Autobarn at 10.30 am on a fun trial set by Dave Turner our trial master that ends up at a Cafe for lunch.

Things to bring:

Navigator
Friends and family
Your Z car or the family wagon
Clipboard and pen
Full tank of gas
Money for Morning tea and lunch

Please post your interest on this forum or call Dave on 09 276 67376 or 025 873293 if you have any questions.

This is a not to be missed event, after all 25 years is a real achievement.
Last edited by Z Club on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:10 pm

It's way off, but it's now in my diary now. Will be there, plus one.

M4vr1k

Post by M4vr1k » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:42 pm

Dang...its my works' christmas do on the 2nd... a trip to Stony Ridge Winery on Waiheke...
[M4VR1K]
1974 Datsun 260z 2+2

papariccardo

Post by papariccardo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:24 pm

I'll be there with bells on - dying for an excuse to show my mint Z32 TT to enthusiasts, hoping to glean more zed knowledge in the process.

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:14 pm

This is the time to post your interest as we need to confirm numbers for the Lunch

Don't miss out.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:14 pm

Sorry guys am guna sit this one out - have got way to much on at this time of the year and also need new rear tyres - no idea why though......

submax
Z Club Member

Post by submax » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:18 pm

WE WILL MISS YOU.I could go down to the dragway and scrape up some rubber.
Cheers

Z Club
Committee Member

Post by Z Club » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:48 am

Please note new start time of 10am

If you are keen to come along post your reply of call Dave Turner on ph. 09 2767376

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:50 am

Looks like I have to go as a navigator again, unless I can get my 350 mechanically sound before Saturday. So just one for me now Dave, cheers.

Bronzee
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

nzeder
Site Admin

Post by nzeder » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:12 am

I will have to check with the wife - what with a new born in the house and all - might not get the pass out :( Dave I will let you know ASAP.

geordieggg

Post by geordieggg » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:04 pm

nzeder wrote:with a new born in the house
I think congratulations are in order!! Take it both mother and child are doing well? How about the father?? How's he coping??

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:05 pm

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to Dave our trial master and his family for organising the trial today. :D

The weather cleared up to be very hot and sunny by the time everyone arrived at the BP, and everyone was chomping at the bit to zoom off. For some reason the line up of zeds stirred the natives a little. :lol: :twisted: Great to see at least at the 6 zeds there, few of us left our zeds at home. One very stunning orange zed wtih brand new paint, oh, dealt to quickly. :twisted:

Headed off on our little trial, zoomed off up the motorway North, towards Waiwera and then inland, where the gravel roads were to provide more than a little fun. 8) Great to see our hard earned dollars going somewhere with all the motorway piles going into place, for the link to Puhoi. It was heaps and heaps of fun, especially the gravel, well that was just evil fun, :twisted: glad I wasn't in my car, 350 wouldn't have had the ground clearance on most of those roads. :lol: :lol:

Oh and the big truck on our side of the road on the blind corner, haha Pussycat came across that same truck too. :D 8) 8) :twisted: :lol: The ditch is your friend. :lol: :lol:

We had a scheduled break at Puhoi Cheese Factory, for everyone to gather their bits of flax flowers, goarse, straw, toilet paper (yes, toilet paper :lol:), shell, toi toi stem for those of us who hadn't already gathered necessary bits along the way.

Zoomed through the Kaipara flats area and into the back of Warkworth and then through lots of questions on the way, towards Matakana to our lunch venue.

47 questions, and Stuart & Judith, had 45 correct, well done you two!!! Oh, and well done to 350z & Bev for winning the flashy stunning yellow dice!! :P They just set the BMer of beautifully!!!

Awesome, perfect weather, heaps of fun and a great bunch of zed heads and a very well organised event!!!

We may even have some photos of the 5 zeds that actually completed the trial in Classic Car Mag. For now, I'll upload some of my substandard photos soon. :lol:
Next - Z Club events:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:48 pm

As I can't edit my previous post, here's some picys. :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Next - Z Club events:

bernjean
Z Club Member

Post by bernjean » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:20 pm

Like to say thanks for the great day, to Dave and organisers. Was a lot of fun. Even if the new paint job got its first gravel initiation, all part of motoring. Look forward to more of the same.
Bernie Kant
Club President

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:33 pm

Thanks Dave for an excellent run. Will have to brush up on the Z general knowledge for next time.