Ideas, past and coming events
Z Club
Committee Member

NZ Classic Car Weekend / Intermarque Concours d'Elegance

Post by Z Club » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:47 am

What: 2007 Intermarque Concours d'Elegance
When: Sunday 11th February 2007
Where: Ellerslie race course
If you thought the 2006 Concours show was great, 2007 will be a stunner! We will have a full weekend of Classic Car activities, culminating in the Intermarque Concours d'Elegance on the Sunday.

On Saturday morning will be the Interclub Fun Run finishing in the afternoon at the Villa Maria Estate Vineyard Park, Mangere.

On Sunday 11th February we return to Ellerslie for a whole day of events, including the 34th Intermarque Concours d'Elegance.

We're staging the biggest classic car event ever with more clubs, more cars, more commercial exhibits and we expect record crowds. So make the New Zealand Classic Car Weekend 2007 your priority event of the 2006/2007 summer.
The Z Club will be hosting a display at this event. If you're interested in being in it, please contact a committee member.

ZEDHOT

Post by ZEDHOT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Looks like the Z's are the same spot as last year, roughly.

Check out the site map for details.

http://www.concours.org.nz/Map2007.pdf

See you there!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:56 pm

Gosh we're going to have to put on a good display with all those posh brands around us. :wink: 8)

minimad

Post by minimad » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Don't worry about the posh Marques that are around your club, do the best you can, have fun and be thankful that the Mini club is at the other end of the show!!!!!

I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, be sure to check out tyhe Mini clubs stand!!!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:02 pm

minimad wrote:Don't worry about the posh Marques that are around your club, do the best you can, have fun and be thankful that the Mini club is at the other end of the show!!!!!

I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, be sure to check out the Mini clubs stand!!!
Was musing at the "posh" cars around us. :lol: :D

Going for a 2nd prize, 2nd week running for best display? Good luck!! :D

minimad

Post by minimad » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:12 am

It would be nice to win at Ellerslie again ( best club 2006 ), but we know how hard it is and the Sunbeam and Mustang clubs are always hard to beat. We are putting a lot of work in, it should look good and the public should enjoy it.

We will be doing the best we can and intend to have a fun day.

240z
Z Club Member

Post by 240z » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:23 am

Good luck Gary I'm sure you and your guys stand a good chance

Pest

Post by Pest » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Anyone know what the entry fee for spectators will be? I can't find it on their website :(

minimad

Post by minimad » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:30 pm

Entry for public is $10 per person or $15 if you wish to enter the show and shine.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 am

Woohoo!! Concours today, lots of eye candy cars! :D :D 8)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:44 pm

Another awesome day!! So many absolutely, stunning cars, I can't even name, but I will try. :lol: Jag's, Lotus, Ferrari's, Porsche, GT40, Maserati, Aston Martin DB9 (just managed to haul myself away from the DB9's :lol: ), fabulous little Mini's, MG's, Mustang's, Hulme, an extremely old beautifully restored Bugatti, oh, all just wow, wow!!! :D Just realised missed some of the club stands too. :( Some amazing club stands, the Mini's with their hard out display, music, tv, lights, featured Mini's & a running engine all by it's self, Mustang's by shear brute force of numbers, MG's, Jag's with some very cool very old Jag's. :D Need Zilver's photo happy shots in here 8) :D, my camera is playing up.

Not to be forgotten, the Masters Class and the Winners Circle. These cars were just jaw droppingly spectatular, to see the work that had been put in!!! Just in complete amazement and just wondering if I'd want to groom a Zed to that extreme level. :D It's been a few years since a Zed was in the Winners Circle. So you never know, as long as it isn't a daily driver. :lol:

We all had so many amazing ideas for next years club stand, next year, bigger, brighter better, haha, hopefully Taupo won't be so close. Still a great 6 Zed display, Brian & Sheryl, Murray, Zedhot, Zilver, David, and my Zed and all very shiny zeds they are. Hmm, suspect we'll all be needing to do a connect the fingerprints on our Zeds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next year is certainly going to be something worth looking forward to!!!! :D :D

Oh, and a special thanks to all those that came to visit our club stand today. :D Including Handel Williams and his wife Anne from the Z Club in the UK. Great to meet you both, and thank you so much for the goodies you gave us and the history of the Z Club UK, these will be given away as prizes at the next club night. :D

Pest

Post by Pest » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:06 pm

I've created a pics category for this event, but I only got 2 pics of the zeds to upload.

If you have pics, please upload them too. If you have any trouble (you shouldn't, as long as you're logged in) please let me or nzeder know.

Thanks.

minimad

Post by minimad » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:33 pm

I am glad that you guys have enjoyed the shows over the last two weeks. They are a great place to get inspired to do something yourself. I will attend your next club night and give you some tips on preparing cars and displays for such events.

Don't forget the grasskhana the we are running in March, you are more than welcome to try your skills against the Mighty Mini.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:06 pm

I reckon we would have done better with Fair Ladies dancing about the Fairlady’s...
After all it was supposed to be themed "the origin of the marque"

You've all summed up the day well - The Ellerslie concourse never fails to warm the soul of any auto enthusiast.
The rain held off - (only a slight drizzle) so, for me it was only tainted by the revealing of someone’s sinful nature in specifying a custom purple & lime green accented combo for a Lamborghini Diablo.
Attachments
The 8th sin.jpg
The 8th sin.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 2604 times

keelhaul

Post by keelhaul » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:14 pm

HEH that lambo was an abortion wasnt it.

I tried uploading this to the album but it wouldnt let me.

ex LOWZ owner.