INDICATOR / turn signal ques.

If your post does not fit under any of the other technical forums post it here
TWZTID

INDICATOR / turn signal ques.

Post by TWZTID » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm

The 260 2+2 Im trying to resurrect has an old Datsun Z club sticker on the window so I thought I'd come here for help
Apart from the sins under the paint I have come across, Ive started on the front end with the indicators & what looks like park lights inside the same housing.
Theres a tiny metal divider thats rusted away. What is the NZ law on replaceing it? Ive checked the Haynes manuel & on-line but these places tell me the indicator housing is only for the indicator. So do I worry about putting in a new divider?
cheers

asyado

Post by asyado » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi there,
many years ago I used to issue warrants or wof's for cars and the park light had to be a white lens. In saying that my 260Z Japan assembled car with amber indicator lens, has the individual park switch's on the centre consul but they never worked, the bulb's weren't there or had been removed when the car was brought into the country. To this day I've never checked, maybe it was a wiring fault.
Ask @ any VTNZ station or any garage that issues wof's to find what the current law is on parklights eg what coloured lens is useable
If they say what you have is ok, then yes you will need a divider to separate the indicator from the parklight portion of the bulb housing so the two different signals don't conflict with one another, making it confusing to other motorists.
Hope this is of help to you.
Nigel aka asyado
Insanity is only one gear change away!!!

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. Great to have another Christchurch forum member aboard. There's quite a few. 8) Good luck with the project. 8)
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

TWZTID

Post by TWZTID » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks guys,
I got a reply on the Hybridz site, about a switch in the console. I'll have a look next time Im working on the car.
The lens I have is clear.
I had hoped to have the 260 on the road by next year, but the amount of repair/restoring VS income has slowed progress