NIZFEST 2011

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Added to the list of stuff included with full day track pass is a free entry to the Dodson's gymkhana challenge :D
Get in before midnight Friday the 21st to get all your free stuff :)

That's about enough I think for the free stuff for the track guys, time to start on the show n shine entries ...

Stay tuned 8)

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks to the support from those who have purchased tickets to date and to our sponsors!

Even more prizes are on the way & we are still working on more potential sponsors!

Remember THIS FRIDAY NIGHT is the cut off for all the free stuff for the full day track entries, it would be nice to have some more of the show n shine entries also.

A reminder that Nizfest is not actually a profit making company nor a club with a healthy bank account.
All profit will go to Hospice & if the event runs at a loss it comes out of my pocket, if you can show some support then please do :)

Thanks
Glenn.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 am

Pictures to come soon of the awesome trophies supplied to use by our sponsor Motul :D

Rather than cold hard cash and all the drama that tends to cause at times we are going with slightly more honourable trophies this year for the show n shine event :D

EDIT:

ALL show n shine entries now go in the draw to win one of three "hot laps" in the Winfield R32 GTR replica with the current superlap champion.

Only tickets purchased on line will be eligible for this draw.

Mothers and Kicker have added even more prizes to the stack of stuff for the show n shine entries!
We intend to put right a couple of wrongs and spend more time on the show n shine this year so get ya glad rags on & come down to the biggest and best Nissan & Datsun based event in New Zealand!!

More editing: something new for this year NIZMAIDS a few nice young ladies to help the boys figure out where to park and how to fill out any paper work, don the sponsors apparel, stand in front of the cameras etc :)

I see there is a car show at the Tui brewery on the sunday, well here's a potential plan: Nizfest Saturday, Huntly speedway demo derby & fireworks Saturday night, spend the night in Hamilton (plenty of nice restaurants etc) then head down to see the Tui girls Sunday - an awesome weekend :)
Last edited by mungyz on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Will head along for this event, pop the shiny one on display. Anyone else?
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

niroshann

Post by niroshann » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am in NZ for a holiday (I work in the UK) and instead of just buying a spectator ticket, I thought that I might as well put a bit more and get a show and shine entry, after all the money goes to a good cause.

I wonder if I can tag along with the club. I have an 83 ZX and I am sure the more the merrier. Not a member of the club as I don't reside in NZ at the moment but my Zs are in NZ! (Hope to be back one day).

The Z looks good. I just have a day to get it out of storage and WOF'd up as I arrive on the 3rd to Auckland.

beta

Post by beta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:38 pm

You would be most definitely welcome, this is not an exclusive club event, but there are quite a few from the NZ 300ZX Owners Car Club attending/competing

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:06 am

ALL are welcome :D

Despite the Zed club not officially organising a club display there are still a number of the earlier Zeds coming out to enjoy the sunshine :D
Those who come along are invited to fly the Zed club flag in any case and will still be eligible for the trophies up for grabs this year.

One or two coming along that are for sale if anyone wants to view a couple of REALLY nice cars (240z + 260z 2+0 repowered with injected L28 = SERIOUSLY NICE CAR!)

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 am

niroshann wrote:Hey Everyone,

I am in NZ for a holiday (I work in the UK) and instead of just buying a spectator ticket, I thought that I might as well put a bit more and get a show and shine entry, after all the money goes to a good cause.

I wonder if I can tag along with the club. I have an 83 ZX and I am sure the more the merrier. Not a member of the club as I don't reside in NZ at the moment but my Zs are in NZ! (Hope to be back one day).

The Z looks good. I just have a day to get it out of storage and WOF'd up as I arrive on the 3rd to Auckland.
No problem. Come and find me. My avatar is my Z. 8)
Next - Z Club events:

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 pm

you're both welcome at the 300zx stand too, many of us frequent both clubs, and that aside, we all welcome like minded people to chat with. The more Zed's the better, regardless of year!

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 am

Hi Guys
Sorry for being a bit slow getting this information out, if you have pre paid for tickets you will get more of the same via email today - we have to try and cover all bases.

Drivers briefing for all track people is 8.45AM You need to have all you paper work etc sorted BEFORE 8.40AM, Drivers MUST have a current driver licence, a suitable helmet & 100% cotton overalls, you car MUST have current WOF & REG OR be MANZ car with logbook etc.

Passengers on track are in MANZ caged cars with appropriate harnesses etc.

Track opens 9AM - 9.15AM so as early as possible, please don't be that guy that holds up the plane :lol:

Gates open 7.45AM for those entered or wanting to enter anything. all others gates open 9AM. All Nissan and Datsun welcome to park on infield all others park outside sorry.

If you are not entered but want to park inside go to ticketing hut and tell them, they will sort you out.
If you want to enter on the day go to the ticketing hut, they will sort you out.
Please bring cash rather than EFTPOS, EFTPOS = long cues = bad. Pre entering online makes it much much easier on the day :)

$10 general admission, you can park your Nissan or Datsun on the in field
$20 show n shine, obviously you will park in the show n shine area
$35 Ddodson's gymkhana challenge
$85 half day track sessions
$135 full track sessions (HEAPS of track time)
$200 prestige track sessions, limited to ten cars in the group all fairly exotic/expensive cars some insurance policies are still valid (talk with your insurer first)

We do currently still have some spots left for all activities but they are likely to sell out on the day so get in early or buy online! www.hdticketing.co.nz:)

We will hand out schedules on the day for anyone who wants them, we have a PA system for announcements & some lovely helpers on the day to help people find what they are looking for.

Thanks again for your support!

Glenn.

ZILVER

Post by ZILVER » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:21 am

I'm now good to join you lot for the SnS at Nizfest. :)
Bummer that my track car is out of action (its awaiting parts/a miraculous lottery win), and I wont be in Auckland for the Show n Shine at the Nissan dealership. However, come Saturday I will be in cleaning mode, armed with a camera, and hopefully getting sun kissed!
Also hope to try park together as a Zed fleet, and catch up with you all there!

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Look forward to it Zilver!

Jibber

Post by Jibber » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:47 am

If any Z club members are coming, you'll be more than welcome to pop in to the 300zx Owners stand!

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Extremely late but email has gone out with some basic info for the day, nothing overly complicated going on here in the morning in any case.

See you on the day! :D

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Fun day at Hampton Downs. Great to see two of the of the old school Zeds there and to meet some of the more recent owners of some of the Z's. 8) Good to see Zfetsh still is Zedding. 8) You just can't help yourself. :P

The 300zx display looked great in it's circle formation, with the view most see of a Z, the behind. Well done winning best display. [thumbs up]
Next - Z Club events: