NIZFEST 2011

Events that other clubs or organization have arranged.
mungyz

NIZFEST 2011

Post by mungyz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Nizfest round two!

Same venue (Hampton Downs) but only one venue and one day this time

SATURDAY 5TH of NOVEMBER

The skid pan WILL be running as it now has a safety wall around it & this was all that prevented us from letting you all loose on there last time for our gymkana challenge we had planed.

The show n shine will be run again and we are looking for good keen volunteers to help with the judging, including setting the rules and judging on the day - all in good fun with nothing too serious as there are events that cater for the serious folks already :wink:

Track sessions (obviously) are all go but this time we wont run morning and arvo sessions as this got tricky to sort on the day, the actual track side of thing will be VERY similar to a standard Playday, race cars with race cars, road cars with road cars and if you are not happy with your group you can shift around etc - Playday generally run a very good day.

Sponsors will be announced closer to the date and costs will be up shortly, those on Facebook will find an events page on there and to help with administration ALL entry is via online ticket sales from the Hampton Downs web page. This will ensure (well try to ensure :lol: ) we have all the info we need on the day.

Once again this will be a non profit event with all proceeds going to a charity of our choice (once we have covered a small debt from last years event)

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 am

If we have anyone here who would like to help out with running this event both prior to and on the day we are looking for volunteers who don't mind spending lots of time and effort for little reward other than helping the day happen and donating money to a charity (or two).

Specifically we are looking for people who would like to:

Run the skid pan gymkana
Judge the show n shine type events
Organise media coverage (contacting papers and magazines with information on our behalf)
Approach a list of potential sponsors with information on our behalf
Provide support for the track on the day as rescue crew or marshal etc.

Even if you can think of another job that needs to be done and want to put your hand up all help is welcome :)

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Tickets are now available online here:

http://www.hdticketing.co.nz/index.php/ ... vagf13thv2

There will be a draw from the first ten track entries sold to win some clothing from our sponsors :D

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Tickets selling well :)

Remember there are limited numbers for everything guys so please get in sooner rather than later.

If anyone wants to buy tickets but doesn't have a credit card or doesn't want to use it on line please feel free to get in touch & I will help you out, try not to do this at the last minute though aye :lol:

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:58 pm

So what are the Zed clubs plans? I was impressed by the calibre of cars in the display last year

Will we see a return of the Zeds en mass to claim the tittle off the GTRs?

Pest

Post by Pest » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:10 am

What are the details re. competition and display areas?

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Luke

I will try and paint a picture with words - this could be tricky :lol:

Now that the pit buildings are usable and the skid pan has a barrier we can get something a little more structured than last time, we had a plan last time but then they put a skid pan in the middle of it :shock: :lol:

The pit garages at the pit entrance end will be used for trade stands etc (no access to actual pit lane from inside the buildings though for saftey etc), the area between there and the skid pan will be used for a combination of trade stands & static displays, corporate tents etc.

Club displays will be condensed and compressed as much as possible in to the area at the barrel 51 corner end of the skid pan (similar to last time except moved closer to the rest of the action) this area gets HEAPS of pedestrian action as they come from the tunnel so very high exposure for the clubs.
(note we have actually put the clubs before the commercial side of it :wink: )

The Nizfest tent will be placed at the entrance/exit area of the skid pan and will contain ALL of the Nizfest ummmm stuff, stuff = paperwork for Gymkhana & track, forms for drivers and passengers, PA system mic & noisy person on the end of it, Nizfest franchise clothing etc, prizes etc - ALL in the one place so a hell of a lot easier than last time.

Static club display will be judged & will will also do an "action/active" display on the skid pan, this is called cars on the catwalk. Entrants will be given a time period to get out there and do something special to wow the crowds, best crowd response wins. Obviously there are rules to follow that consider safety and protect the grounds other than that it's pretty much free, you WILL need to clear your plans with an official BEFORE you go out there.
Examples: we want to burn a Honda on the skid pan = no not going to happen.
We want to park our cars in a pretty pattern and have awesome looking girls parade around them = sure but please consider leaving the tops on for the kiddies :)

Track sessions are all day same as standard Playday except for a couple of breaks for displays, Skidpan is 5 goes for one ticket but maybe more if time allows later in the day.

Mothers have just confirmed they are in again so plenty of polish & car care stuff up for grabs and for sale at great prices on the day.
Z1 have also said they are in so Z32 parts a plenty.
City Nissan Takapuna are shouting us a few nick nacks for the skid pan & Jim Wright Nissan will be there also (will twist arms and extract prizes soon)
More prizes/sponsors in the works and will be announced as we go :D

Pest

Post by Pest » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 pm

OK, thanks. We'll talk about it at the next committee meeting. I can imagine we may be interested in displaying again, but it would be up to individual members whether they wanted to be involved in the skidpan and whatnot.

How much space do you think you could spare us? You know we usually like to show off as much of the lineage as we can manage.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:14 am

Space wont be a problem for you guys Luke, I can plan accordingly as I set the rules :wink:

Put it this way you wont get left waaay out in the paddock :)

A little bribery and corruption goes a long way with Nizfest (all in good fun & for the greater good) a good will deposit from the club could secure an excellent site (nudge nudge :wink: :wink: ) :lol:

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Have told a few others I know with quick Nissans about this event, so they head along for the track day.
Next - Z Club events:
= Check out events page here or our Z Club NZ Facebook page.

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks Bronzee :D

We have a limited number of half day track sessions up for grabs if anyone is keen, this way you can have a more relaxed day and do show n shine & track :)
or spend more time on the skid pan if you are that way inclined, we will run the pan wet this year to reduce noise and wear n tear on the cars - it's more fun in the wet in any case :twisted:

A new sponsor has just been confirmed today www.dodson.co.nz a top bloke is Harry and he has really helped us out :D

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 pm

All full day track session tickets sold will now get one 473ml bottle of MOTHERS cleaner wax valued at $31.95 and a back issue of G Force magazine!! This offer will expire as on Friday the 21st Oct and will include all tickets already purchased. To claim your free products simply present your track session ticket at the trade stand on the day! Thanks to MOTHERS & G Force magazine! :)

Tapp's

Post by Tapp's » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Last year at Nizfest I was dissappointed to miss the "Millen" Dinner, I joined Z Club.
So I am wondering if their is a similar event coming up this year?
Things seem a little quiet on the "Z Club" front but maybe there are people cooking up something in the background??

Pest

Post by Pest » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:00 pm

We just ran a trial this last weekend, and have another coming up. We have our AGM and prize giving dinner coming up next month too.

I apologise for there not being a mag lately, I promise one soon!

mungyz

Post by mungyz » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:50 am

We have one left over so everyone who has purchased a full day track session by Friday 21st Oct goes in the draw to
win a $1000 Exedy sports tuff single plate clutch voucher!!

At Nizfest we welcome ALL Nissan and Datsun fans and encourage people from the general public to join the clubs out there and get involved with the community at large in a positive way, this year we have even more focus on clubs and after market support for the brand(s).

We encourage clubs to advertise the events that they will be running after Nizfest at the events to help them gather the numbers needed to ensure these events continue.

EDIT:

Also added to the list of major prizes today is a set of Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1s to the value of $1000!! anyone who has a ticket on the day will be eligible to win these so long as you have the skills required (hint practice changing wheels).
(all tickets are eligible, general admission, show n shine, track half and full, skid pan)
I wonder if they will let me have a go? :lol:

EDIT (again!):

We've just had confirmation from Juiced magazine that all full day track session tickets sold before the 21st Oct will get FREE three mth subscription to Juiced Magazine!!
so to recap what you get for your $135 ticket so far is:
473ml Mothers cleaner wax
General admission to the event
Entry to the track sessions
... A copy of G Force Magazine
3 mth subscription to juiced magazine
A chance to win a $1000 Exedy clutch voucher
Eligible to enter comp to win $1000 of Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tyres

This is starting to get goooood!!